Copy data from SD Card to SD Card

Reaction score
OK i really need help on this!
I need to copy all the data over from the SD Card that came with my phone to the larger SD Card i recently bought, Mostly as the smaller card has some programs i need from it like Opera, WebBrowsing & Games, But when i try to do this via a card reader it states that the SD Card is copyrighted?

Is their another way to do this, as i bought the bigger card to put music etc on & to browse the net.

Hope someone can help, cheers in advance.

Reaction score
I would normally copy over the date to the computer hard drive then back to the new card.

Have you password protected that card using your phone?

Perhaps that is why you are geting this error.

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
psd99 said:
I would normally copy over the date to the computer hard drive then back to the new card.
Me too. Do you need to format the new card?

Reaction score
New 2GB card already formatted.
128MB Card has all the other goodies on it.
It's not that major problem as i bought the larger memory so i can load music on to it & use the phone like an MP3 player & for taking photos at Christmas with it, will just have to switch between them.

Me__2001

Internet Junkie
Reaction score
what phone you got feckit ? you might be able to do it by using the phone itself as the reader if you can connect it to your PC either by cable or bluetooth

Reaction score
Nokia6300
Cant see how to save it to the Phones own internal Memory?
I've seen other posts on the net on this from others having the same problem!

Me__2001

Internet Junkie
Reaction score
i'll try and explain how i did it

i conencted my phone (Nokia N80) to my PC using a bluetooth dongle, i then went to 'my computer' > Nokia phone browser > selected my phone> memory card i then copied it all over to a folder on my desktop, then disconnect your phone and swapped the memory cards, went back to the same view in explorer and copied everything back onto the card

give it a go using the cable for your phone it works exactly the same for me

Reaction score
Me__2001 :bow:

Got all copied over & all working, easy when you know how.
Now got to fill up the 2GB with music.:D

Ask a Question