Windows XP Copies of a form

Reaction score
I have a form called frmNz. I have tried to make 2 copies of the form called frmNz2 and frmNz3. For these 2 forms I have made seperate queries and referenced each of the forms in them so that they work exactly like frmNz. However when I click on either of the copied forms' command buttons (Submit Information for Search), an error (Run-time '438') appears. How can I fix this so that the frmNz2 and frmNz3 forms work just like frmNz? There is an attachment.

Attachments

• Copy of N-VISAGE BUSINESS DIRECTORY DATABASE BRAND NEW (Listbox Query).zip
    270 KB · Views: 77
Reaction score
Save editted/deleted info - command buttons.

I have created 2 forms called frmNz2 and frmNz3. I would like to be able to press a command button that would save the editted/deleted information on both forms (in the subforms). How can I create them? Have a look at the attachment, the buttons are created but I don't know how to get them to work.

Gurdip.

Attachments

260.9 KB · Views: 95
Last edited:
Reaction score
Mail merge command button and adding new business information.

On my database system I have a View Directory form. On this form I have a 'Use Mail Merge Facility' button. I would like to be able to select companies from the subform and then click on this command button. I want this command button to then open up Microsoft Word Mail Merge so that a letter template (for example) is displayed and available to be sent to the selected companies. How can I make this happen?

Also, on the Amend Directory -- Add Business Information form, I would like to be able to enter new business records and then save them. As seen, this form is already displaying existing business information. If I use the mouse scroll button (the third button on most new mice) the form scrolls through all existing records to the very end, where there is a blank record. Here I can enter a new business record which saves automatically. How can I make it possible to enter new records on the form without having to scroll all the way through existing information to the bottom? I do not know how to scroll through the information via keyboard, only by using the mouse.

Please have a look at the attachment.

Attachments

294.6 KB · Views: 67

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
I've moved all of these threads in to one as they all use the same thing, it may be best to ask a general question instead as I don't know if you'll get anyone willing to answer all of these questions and effectively write the application for you ;)

Reaction score
I only want answers to the 'Mail merge command button and adding new business information.' thread now. I tried to put it into the general discussion forum but that thread was locked by a super moderator. What should I do? Wait for responses here or post the question somewhere else?

Ask a Question