Cookies - urgent

Reaction score
Hi

I am urgently trying to sign in to another forum. Each time I try it comes up with th error "please check your cookie setting".

Can you help?:confused:

Reaction score
I think its to do with your firewall settings. Try lowering the level of security or turning off the firewall then have another go.

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Try going to Internet Explorer options (assuming you use IE) and let us know the security and privacy levels you are currently using. Clearing your cookies may just do the trick as if you can use this site your cookies must be working.

Reaction score
michuk said:
Security - medium -high

Privacy - medium.

is this wht u mean?

Thats what I meant. If you turned that off and it still didnt work, try doing what Ian has so kindly suggested doing :D

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
Nothing to do with Firewall ... but which Browser are you using, IE6 or EI7 or Firefox ?

You can configure your privacy settings in Internet Explorer 6 by clicking Internet Options on the Tools menu, and then clicking the Privacy tab. The default is set to Medium. Actually, it's the same in IE7, I just looked. :D

user.gif

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
Cookies are benign ... despite what you may have heard or read ... leave 'em on the default, medium.

;)

Reaction score
muckshifter said:
Nothing to do with Firewall ... but which Browser are you using, IE6 or EI7 or Firefox ?

You can configure your privacy settings in Internet Explorer 6 by clicking Internet Options on the Tools menu, and then clicking the Privacy tab. The default is set to Medium. Actually, it's the same in IE7, I just looked. :D

user.gif

Thats what i meant, the privacy settings.

doh :blush:

Reaction score
Hi

I have the same problem again. I have put all the settings down to low, but again I can not sign on.

Adywebb

Growing old....
Reaction score
michuk said:
Hi

I have the same problem again. I have put all the settings down to low, but again I can not sign on.
You may have blocked the site inadvertantly, go to Tools>Internet Options>Privacy>Sites and put the address into the top line and click allow :thumb:

Adywebb

Growing old....
Reaction score
You sure its not a temp problem with the site?

Try clearing your cookies again, also under 'managed websites' in the privacy sites, what setting is it showing for your site, Always Allow or Always Blocked?

Also it could be caching your IE pages, try clearing all your IE temp files - Internet Options>General>Delete files :thumb:

Ask a Question