    moviemaker to play. Is there anyone who can help??? I have tried all on line
    converters, but none seem to want to wake up windows movie maker to make it
    play.

    mommyk, Sep 26, 2009

  2. mommyk

    John Inzer Guest

    mommyk wrote:
    > I am having difficulty converting mov files to avi files for windows
    > moviemaker to play. Is there anyone who can help??? I have tried all
    > on line converters, but none seem to want to wake up windows movie
    > maker to make it play.

    Not sure what you mean about waking up Movie Maker.

    Just open Movie Maker and go to...File / Import Into Collections...
    and browse to your converted files.

    Try the following free converters:

    1) Pazera Free MOV to AVI Converter
    http://www.pazera-software.com/products/mov-to-avi-converter/
    (click the Blue download button not the Red one)

    The name of the file you are downloading is:
    "Pazera_Free_MOV_to_AVI_Converter.zip"

    After downloading...unzip and open the program...
    (no installation required)

    2) Format Factory
    http://www.pcfreetime.com/

    --

    J. Inzer MS-MVP
    Digital Media Experience

    Notice
    This is not tech support
    I am a volunteer

    Solutions that work for
    me may not work for you

    Proceed at your own risk

    John Inzer, Sep 27, 2009

  3. mommyk

    abruton Guest

    Re: converting mov files to avi files and having windows movie mak

    Hi All

    PCFreeTime contains a potential security problem and should not be
    downloaded. Luckly MS Security Essential picked it up.

    Andre

    abruton, Dec 23, 2009