    Is there a way of doing this without having to change the
    field type in the table manually?

    Thanks.

    Melih, Sep 12, 2004

  2. Melih

    fredg Guest

    On Sun, 12 Sep 2004 10:51:29 -0700, Melih wrote:

    > Hi,
    >
    > I was wondering if anyone knew how to convert a currency
    > field into a numerical field such that the dollar sign is
    > been removed.
    >
    > Situation is as follows: using a query to make a new
    > table. one of the fields is a currency field. In the
    > new table it continues to stay as a currency field;
    > although in the new table we want it as a numerical field.
    >
    > Is there a way of doing this without having to change the
    > field type in the table manually?
    >
    > Thanks.

    The $ is showing not because the field is a Currency datatype, but
    because the field is formatted to display it as currency.
    In the table, change the Field's Format property from "Currency" to
    "Fixed".
    Change the Decimal Places property to 2 (unless you want more).
    --
    Fred
    Please only reply to this newsgroup.

    fredg, Sep 12, 2004