    but isn't there a way to convert all received (plain text) e-mails to HTML?
    I'm really sick of having to reply in plain text unless I change it by hand
    every single time. Thanks.

    Guest, Oct 7, 2006

  2. Why do you want to force your preferred text format on someone who obviously prefers plain text, let alone those who can't read anything EXCEPT plain text?

    --
    Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

    reading.

    After furious head scratching, TheBigCheese asked:

    Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook], Oct 8, 2006

    They can read HTML. In at least one case, they compose in HTML, and for
    whatever reason it converts to plain text (I have the option unchecked in my
    Outlook, so maybe it's something on the other end).

    Guest, Oct 8, 2006
  4. Aloha TheBigCheese,

    Have you tried asking them to compose to you in HTML?

    -Ben-
    Ben M. Schorr - MVP
    Roland Schorr & Tower
    http://www.rolandschorr.com
    Microsoft OneNote FAQ: http://www.factplace.com/onenotefaq.htm

    Ben M. Schorr - MVP, Oct 8, 2006

    I'm pretty sure that at least one of them does compose in HTML, it just
    somehow gets converted on their end. Is there any way to have my Outlook
    convert those to HTML?

    Guest, Oct 9, 2006
  6. Aloha TheBigCheese,

    You could probably write some VB code that automatically forces your editor
    into HTML format when you reply regardless of the original format.

    Ben M. Schorr - MVP, Oct 9, 2006

    Dan Pascal Guest

    Hello,

    You can use an add-in that will convert any email you reply, to a format
    that wish to use (HTML in your case) so you won't have to change it
    manually. An example of an add-in that can do that is Bells & Whistles for
    Outlook. You can find it at this link:
    http://www.emailaddressmanager.com/productivity.html

    Dan Pascal, Oct 9, 2006