    I am running Win XP Pro and need to convert a Quattro Pro .qpw file to Excel
    xls. I've tried running the converter downloads from the MS site, however,
    they are not converting the document. Any suggestions? Thank you.

    Guest, Sep 22, 2005

    Timothy L Guest

    The converters listed on the Microsoft Download site only convert Quattro Pro (.wb3) file format, NOT the
    newer Quattro Pro (.qpw) file format

    Microsoft Excel CANNOT open or read the Quattro Pro (.qpw) file format.
    There are NO converters/filters for Microsoft Excel that would allow you to open a Quattro Pro (.qpw) file in
    Microsoft Excel.
    In addition, Corel DOES NOT have a (free) Quattro Pro viewer.

    The only way to open a Quattro Pro file would be to download and install WordPerfect Office 12 Standard
    Edition Trial from Corel's website.

    http://www.corel.com/

    Need to open a file?
    http://www.corel.com/servlet/Satell...024480448&gid=1047022969435&cid=1047024061459

    WordPerfect Office 12 Standard Edition Trial
    http://www.corel.com/servlet/Satellite?pagename=Corel3/Trials/DownloadContainer

    AFTER WordPerfect Office 12 Standard Edition Trial has been installed...
    Open the Quattro Pro (.qpw) file in Quattro Pro 12 by either double-clicking the file in Windows Explorer or
    by starting Quattro Pro from the Start Menu (under Start -> Programs -> WordPerfect Office 12 -> Quattro Pro)
    and then going to File -> Open...

    In Quattro Pro, click File, then click Save As...
    Choose "Microsoft Excel 97/2000/2002/2003" as the file type.
    Choose a location to save the file. If I were you, I'd save it in same location as the original Quattro Pro
    file.
    Click the "Save" button.

    Now open the Microsoft Excel Worksheet (.xls) in Microsoft Excel as you normally would open any other
    Microsoft Excel Worksheet.

    --
    Please post all replies to the newsgroup for the benefit of others.
    Requests for assistance by email will NOT be acknowledged!

    Timothy L, Oct 20, 2005

    Thank you! I had been trying to open a Quattro Pro spreadsheet w/excel and
    trying to find a QP viewer or some sort of converter. Of course with no
    luck. I am currently downloading the trial version. Again....thanks!
    Beverly

    Guest, Dec 26, 2005