    the EPOCH format. I have access form to display that date, but I need to
    display it in a more readable format. Does anyone know how to make this
    conversion? I rarely use MS Access so any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

    Guest, Jan 6, 2006

    Al Camp Guest

    Mike,
    Did you try searching the Access newsgroups on Google groups. I found
    this one from Marshall Barton from 2001... and others. Adjust the output
    format to suit...

    --
    hth
    Al Camp

    Al Camp, Jan 6, 2006

    John Vinson Guest

    On Fri, 6 Jan 2006 09:12:03 -0800, "Mike"
    <> wrote:

    >I have a 2003 access table linked to a MySQL table with a date field using
    >the EPOCH format. I have access form to display that date, but I need to
    >display it in a more readable format. Does anyone know how to make this
    >conversion? I rarely use MS Access so any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

    What's EPOCH format look like? Could you post an example, with enough
    information to determine how to do the conversion?

    John W. Vinson[MVP]

    John Vinson, Jan 6, 2006

    Thanks for the info. I ended up using:
    =DateAdd("s",([timestamp]-21600),#1/1/1970#)

    timestamp is the name of the timestamp field and -21600 compenstates for the
    timezone. I should also note that this needs to be entered as the control
    source.

    Guest, Jan 6, 2006