    available from the insert formula command and it does't work in excel 2002.
    s there a way to get it to work?
    =CONVERT(A2,"cm","in") Returns NAME?

    Guest, Jan 22, 2005

    Biff Guest

    Hi!

    From Excel help on convert:

    "If this function is not available, and returns the #NAME?
    error, install and load the Analysis ToolPak add-in."

    Goto Tools>Add-ins

    Check Analysis ToolPak

    OR

    1 centimeter = 0.393700787 in

    =A2*.393700787

    Biff

    help it is not

    Biff, Jan 22, 2005

  3. Since WWII the inch (Imperial and US) has been defined as 2.54 cm EXACTLY.
    This means the US has been sort-of-metric for 60 years!
    So a more accurate conversion is 0.393700787401575

    I would use (1/2.54) as the conversion factor.

    --
    Bernard V Liengme
    www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme

    Bernard Liengme, Jan 22, 2005

    Gord Dibben Guest

    VPH

    If you read the 2002 Help on CONVERT carefully you will see this........

    If this function is not available, and returns the #NAME? error, install and
    load the Analysis ToolPak add-in.

    To load the Analysis Toolpak go to Tools>Add-ins and checkmark the ATP.

    Gord Dibben Excel MVP

    Gord Dibben, Jan 22, 2005