convert a .dat file opened in Word to excel?

How do I convert a file to excel. The file I wish to convert is a .dat file
that was opened in Word.

Just pull-down:
File > Open and type in the name of the file. The import wizard should
wake-up to help you.

Yes I am aware of the import wizard process - I guess I didn't ask the right
question. Once it is imported into excel - it doesn't line up in the columns
- is there a quick way to fix this or is it cut and paste?

JPM said:
Yes I am aware of the import wizard process - I guess I didn't ask the right
question. Once it is imported into excel - it doesn't line up in the columns
- is there a quick way to fix this or is it cut and paste?
Try the Text to columns wizard in the data menu, it will split the data into
columns based on any delimiter, comma, space etc.

Regards
Peter

Joined
Jun 5, 2011
Messages
2
Reaction score
0

"Gary''s Student" wrote:

> Just pull-down:
> File > Open and type in the name of the file. The import wizard should
> wake-up to help you.
> --
> Gary's Student
>

> "JPM" wrote:
>
> > How do I convert a file to excel. The file I wish to convert is a .dat file
> > that was opened in Word.

Visit on the link & see the convergen method
http://www.areptone.com/vb6/datconvert.html
Thanks
Adeeb Raza