Control printer settings

G

I need to within code control some printer settings before raising the print dialog... I need to set some properties for the printer such as "The Printer to Print too", Page settings such as paper type (according to the list associated with the printer driver itself) and orientation... It would be nice to programmically control the printer, paper settings and orientation all together to avoid the print dialog and the potential for the user to change settings that must be fixed before the job is sent to the printer. I cannot rely upon the settings for the printer itself for it doesn't hold it's own settings unless the printer is set as default, problem with driver that the printer maker will not resolve. My users have to click 10 times picking the correct paper and such each time they want to print this document, which happens to be a label that prints to a label writer. Any help as to how to control these settings in code would be great..

Thanks

Anthony Nystrom

Ask a Question