control panel applets

Larry Waibel

I've added the 'Power Meter Control Panel' and 'Control Panel Command Line
Support' components. But when I try to run 'powercfg.cpl' from the command
line it reports that 'the file does not have a program associated with it'.
If I use 'control powercfg.cpl' then it reports the same thing for
'rundll32.exe'. What else do I need to be able to run a control panel applet
from the command line?

KM

Larry,

Do you have the following components in your image?
Primitive: Powrprof
Primitive: Rundll32
Primitive: Shell32

You can try command like: "rundll32.exe shell32.dll,Control_RunDLL powercfg.cpl" (that is what Control.exe ends up calling to)

Btw, you may want to consider using powercfg.exe ("Power Configuration Tool" component) tool instead since Shell32 is pretty heavy
dependency.

Larry Waibel

Is that 'Power Configuration Tool' an SP2 thing? In SP1 I don't see that and I found
powercfg.exe in the 'Power Meter Control Panel' component.

From: "KM" <konstmor@nospam_yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: control panel applets
Date: Tue, 26 Apr 2005 16:19:05 -0700
Newsgroups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.embedded

Larry,

Do you have the following components in your image?
Primitive: Powrprof
Primitive: Rundll32
Primitive: Shell32

You can try command like: "rundll32.exe shell32.dll,Control_RunDLL powercfg.cpl" (that
is what Control.exe ends up calling to)
Btw, you may want to consider using powercfg.exe ("Power Configuration Tool"
component) tool instead since Shell32 is pretty heavy

KM

Larry,

Yes, the 'Power Configuration Tool' in in SP2 database only.
But you can use powercfg.exe on SP1 without problems.

KM