Contact activities tab sometimes doesn't work.

F

frankieplus

Is anyone else experiencing this or is it just me?

I go into contacts and lookat the contact's activities and sometimes I get the results displayed and sometimes I don't. Can't seem ti see any pattern.

I'm displaying 'all items'. I haven't touched anything in between displaying activities. I just open the contact and click on activities, wait for a while and I see nothing. Then I may shut down outlook and open it again and the activities are there.. Then next time, nothing again.

Problem seems random. (Outlook 2007)

-Frankie

M

Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

Do you have a third party indexer working on Outlook as well? (Google Desktop Search, Windows Desktop search?) When you wait and come back, are all of the now listed activities recent ones or older ones? If you leave that contact and return, does the activities tab populate instantly?

--
Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. All
unsolicited mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without
reading.

Is anyone else experiencing this or is it just me?

I go into contacts and lookat the contact's activities and sometimes I get the results displayed and sometimes I don't. Can't seem ti see any pattern.

I'm displaying 'all items'. I haven't touched anything in between displaying activities. I just open the contact and click on activities, wait for a while and I see nothing. Then I may shut down outlook and open it again and the activities are there.. Then next time, nothing again.

Problem seems random. (Outlook 2007)

-Frankie

F

frankieplus

When you wait and come back, are all of the now listed activities >recent ones or older ones?

They are always the current ones I assume. I don't have a large database of emails/activities right now so the ones listed looks like they are all of them.
If you leave that contact and return, does the activities tab >populate instantly?

When it -does- populate, it always does so instantly yes. Actually, at most maybe 2 seconds but I have to answer yes, instantly.

When it doesn't populate, it just doesn't populate no matter how long I wait.

And I don't have any thierd party indexer working no.

-Frankie

Ask a Question