Considering a replacement for a Canon Pixma MP750

Simon Finnigan

Hi all,
the scanner on my MP750 is acting up - the scanner head moves but it comes
up with a plain white scan, and the photocopy function no longer works. I`d
like something similar that also takes compatible inks, I`d rather not pay
the huge cost of using original ink for the printing that I do :)

I`m not bothered about being able to print onto CD`s or DVD`s, it`s the
photocopying and the ADF that really appeal to me. Any suggestions for
something to replace this with?

Thanks for your help!

Michael Johnson

Simon said:
Hi all,
the scanner on my MP750 is acting up - the scanner head moves but it comes
up with a plain white scan, and the photocopy function no longer works. I`d
like something similar that also takes compatible inks, I`d rather not pay
the huge cost of using original ink for the printing that I do :)

I`m not bothered about being able to print onto CD`s or DVD`s, it`s the
photocopying and the ADF that really appeal to me. Any suggestions for
something to replace this with?

Thanks for your help!

You might want to consider an MP780 or MP830. The MP780 uses the
non-chipped BCI-6 carts while the MP830 has chips. I have been using an
MP780 in my home office for about 1.5 years (with compatible ink). It
has performed extremely well and is still going strong. You can find a
few remaining ones on ebay.

Simon Finnigan

Michael Johnson said:
You might want to consider an MP780 or MP830. The MP780 uses the
non-chipped BCI-6 carts while the MP830 has chips. I have been using an
MP780 in my home office for about 1.5 years (with compatible ink). It has
performed extremely well and is still going strong. You can find a few
remaining ones on ebay.

I`ve already had a look on ebay for a 750 or a 780 with no joy. Anyone know
of a non ebay source for these?

Thanks!

measekite

The only reason to get a MFD (Multifunction Device)

1. A severe shortage of space
2. Need for an auto sheet feeder (included on the worthwhile models)

When one function goes bad you loose the other functions

What I think works best is a Canon Printer and an Epson Scanner.  Best of Breed.

Simon Finnigan wrote:

"Michael Johnson" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...

Simon Finnigan wrote:

[...]

If I wanted seperates, i`d have asked for advice on seperates surely? Lets
double check my post shall we? "it`s the photocopying and the ADF that
really appeal to me". And even ignoring the fact that you didn`t bother
reading my post before spouting your usual rubbish, you`re a Canon shill, so
why would anyone give what you say any respect at all? -- Items on
ebay:http://search.ebay.co.uk/_W0QQsassZscousesifinQQhtZ-1

measekite

Simon Finnigan wrote:

"measekite" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]... The only reason to get a MFD (Multifunction Device) 1. A severe shortage of space 2. Need for an auto sheet feeder (included on the worthwhile models) When one function goes bad you loose the other functions What I think works best is a Canon Printer and an Epson Scanner. Best of Breed.

If I wanted seperates, i`d have asked for advice on seperates surely? Lets double check my post shall we? "it`s the photocopying and the ADF that really appeal to me". And even ignoring the fact that you didn`t bother reading my post before spouting your usual rubbish, you`re a Canon shill, so why would anyone give what you say any respect at all? -- Items on ebay:http://search.ebay.co.uk/_W0QQsassZscousesifinQQhtZ-1

It is nice to hear that you have one function of your MFD remaining.  Buy another MFD and you will have a scanner with 2 printers.  Thats Kool.