Confusion about SmartPhone

jayderk

I went to this link.
http://www.msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/downloads/list/mobile
smart.asp

it says smart phone 2003 sdk >>Develop .NET applications for devices: The
Microsoft® .NET Compact Framework is in ROM in Windows Mobile 2003-based
Smartphones and enables a whole new host of benefits for developers<<

then it saysSystem Requirements
a.. Supported Operating Systems: Windows 2000 Service Pack 3, Windows XP

a.. eMbedded Visual C++ 4.0 (not necessary if you already have this
installed)
b.. eMbedded Visual C++ 4.0 Service Pack 2

c.. eMbedded Visual C++ 4.0 QFEs (recommended)
<<

my question is "Why is EVC 4 a requirement if it is a .NET application using
Compact Framework?"
this looks to me like we have to use EVC 4 to develop SmartPhone apps. not
Visual Studios 2003..

also, What is the best phone/service provider for SmartPhone Development?

regards,
Jay

Chris Tacke, eMVP

That's just saying (in a very bad way) that the SDK works with eVC as well.
You don't need it if you're just doing CF development.

Amit Chopra

Thanks Chris.

The SDK will install but may throw a warning during intall that you can
ignore and use it with VS 2003 without problems. I'll request the team to
see if we can make the text a little more clearer in that regards.
Amit

--------------------
From: "Chris Tacke, eMVP" <[email protected]>
Subject: Re: Confusion about SmartPhone