Configuring 1394 Connector

Howard Woodard

Does anyone know where I can find some instructions for configuring my 1394 connecter? I have a Sony Vaio and it has an iLink connector for digital cameras but I've never seen anything that explains how it should be set up.

When I look at it's properties it shows the MS network client, file and print sharing and TCP/IP but none of the boxes are checked. Its not clear to me why those things would even be there for a camera interface.

Howard

Carey Frisch [MVP]

Welcome to the Sony Digital Video and Imaging Cameras & Camcorders
Support Page which offers product updates & drivers, downloadable manuals,
automated tutorials, and the answers to frequently asked questions (FAQ).
http://www.ita.sel.sony.com/support/dvimag/

--
Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP

"Howard Woodard" (e-mail address removed) wrote in message:

Does anyone know where I can find some instructions for configuring my 1394
connecter? I have a Sony Vaio and it has an iLink connector for digital cameras
but I've never seen anything that explains how it should be set up.

When I look at it's properties it shows the MS network client, file and print
sharing and TCP/IP but none of the boxes are checked. Its not clear to me why
those things would even be there for a camera interface.

Howard

Howard Woodard

Thanks Carey. I went there and looked around but didn't see anything about
the 1394.

Lindsay Williams

Just ignore it. It doesn't need setting up. XP shows it as a network device
for some reason.