result of m1 are 0 - 5, or 35 - 45, or 75 to 85, then I would like for d1
then to add cell a1 and b1. If m1 has any other result I do not want d1 to
take any action (remain 0).

Thanks for the help
Jim

P

Peo Sjoblom

Something like this

=IF(M1="",0,IF(OR(AND(M1>=0,M1<=5),AND(M1>=35,M1<=45),AND(M1>=75,M1<=85)),SUM(A1:B1),0))

I added a condition checking if M1 is blank, then return zero or else it
would add A1 and B1 for a blank as well

G

Peo,

Thanks for the response. If I were to use this formula in more than one
ajacent cells; for example in d1, d2, d3, etc. How do I get the d2 to not
show the result if d1 has?

I would like to avoid two consecutive cells from returning data.

D

David Biddulph

Try this is D2 (and copy downwards)?
=IF(D1<>0,IF(M2="",0,IF(OR(AND(M2>=0,M2<=5),AND(M2>=35,M2<=45),AND(M2>=75,M2<=85)),SUM(A2:B2),0)),0)--David Biddulph"Jim" <[email protected]> wrote in messagePeo,>> Thanks for the response. If I were to use this formula in more than one> ajacent cells; for example in d1, d2, d3, etc. How do I get the d2 to not> show the result if d1 has?>> I would like to avoid two consecutive cells from returning data.> "Peo Sjoblom" wrote:>>> Something like this>>>>=IF(M1="",0,IF(OR(AND(M1>=0,M1<=5),AND(M1>=35,M1<=45),AND(M1>=75,M1<=85)),SUM(A1:B1),0))>>>> I added a condition checking if M1 is blank, then return zero or else it>> would add A1 and B1 for a blank as well>> "Jim" <[email protected]> wrote in message>> > Hello,>> >>> > I would like to add cell a1 and b1 only if the totals of three othercells>> > are within a specific parameter.>> >>> > For example; if my formula is is cell d1 and it is looking at m1 andthe>> > result of m1 are 0 - 5, or 35 - 45, or 75 to 85, then I would like ford1>> > then to add cell a1 and b1. If m1 has any other result I do not wantd1>> > to>> > take any action (remain 0).>> >>> > Thanks for the help

Ask a Question