    feature to automatically highlight the whole row if a specific cell in that
    row is non-blank (or blank)?
    Thank you!

    Guest, Nov 30, 2005

    Hi,

    Say the row is row 2 and the cell to be checked for blank is C2
    - Select the entire row
    - menu Format > COnditional FOrmat. the dialog pops-up.
    - choose "Formula Is" in the first drop down, then enter the formula:
    =($C2="")
    - click the Format button to select a format when the cell is blank
    - ok

    --
    Regards,
    Sébastien

    Guest, Nov 30, 2005

    RE: conditional formatting:highlight row based on blank or non-bla

    Thank you Sebastien!
    And how do you denote a NON-BLANK cell inside a formula?
    (I guess the way to tell a formula to look for a BLANK cell is "", right?)
    Thank you so much!

    Guest, Nov 30, 2005

    Bob Phillips Guest

    Re: conditional formatting:highlight row based on blank or non-bla

    =$C2<>""

    or

    =NOT(ISBLANK($C2))

    --

    HTH

    RP

    Bob Phillips, Dec 1, 2005

    RE: conditional formatting:highlight row based on blank or non-bla

    one way is: $C2<>""

    Guest, Dec 1, 2005