Concatenating multiple field entries with commas (I am ready to shoot myself)

Reaction score
Hello all - I am creating a query of providers (docs) and need to import the languages they speak for the directory. Problem is - languages are kept in a seperate table (ProviderLanguage) and they have multiple entries for each provider (a new record is created each time a language is added to a provider: i.e. Dr. Smith speaks English, Russian and Spanish. When I try to pull them all into one field for the report, seperated by a comma, I get three lines of the same provider, with the languages listed like "english, english" on the first row, "russian, russian" on the second row, etc. The concat string I was using is:

Languages: IIf([ProviderLanguage]![Language] is Not Null, [ProviderLanguage]![Language] & "," & [ProviderLanguage]![Language])

I know I am missing something major, and did have this done before, but the twit who asked for it interrupted me, i got up, and someone sat down at my machine and closed without saving. I have the resulting table done, but the query is gone (which the table is useless without updated data). If someone could be helpful on this it would be greatly appreciated. I know this is 101 stuff but I am about braindead on this issue and cannot find any straightforward help anywhere.

Thanks from Las Vegas!!!!!!

Ask a Question