Computers... HELP

Reaction score
My computer keeps stopping and freezing when i haven't done anything wrong. I thought i may have had a virus on it but i have a virus checker and it checks everyday. All these pop-ups keep coming up too whenever i go on internet pages, it's REALLY annoying!

chelseafc2005

Crunchtastic
Reaction score
You might have some ad-ware or spyware running on your comp do you have some adware filters like adaware se and spybot search and destroy? Also it might be good to get a registry cleaner they sometimes speed up your comp. Loads of free adware scanners and spyware scanners can be found on the net just go to www.download.com they have trusted downloads so you dont get a fake version of the program

Reaction score
it says my adarware thing has run out it's an old version... whats the new one i need to get? Or does anyone have any ideas of what is good?

chelseafc2005

Crunchtastic
Reaction score
go to www.lavasoft.com and download ad-aware they will ahve the latest version as hjtye make it and best of all it is FREE :D also once you download it you will want to update the definitions

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
Yup, I would say you have some "nasties" on your system ... download, install, update and run ALL the programs in my sig'. but maybe not ZA if using XP firewall.

AV programs are not designed to catch "nasties" and some are very poor at catching viruses ... the programs I have listed do, and are very good at it ... use at least 2 ... I recommend Ad-Aware & MS Anti-Spyware at least in addition to your current AV.

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
Oh ... AND SpywareBlaster.

It should be LAW that NO PC leave anywhere whithout SpywareBlaster.

:D

Reaction score
LOL! Oh yes your quite right, there is only one, i was just being a little blonde for a moment. I have started running it now, but it doesnt appear to be doing anything

Me__2001

Internet Junkie
Reaction score
spywareblaster runs in the background, you cant tell its workin but it is ;)

Reaction score
Ew peeing in a swimming pool! They have that stuff in the pools in france that turns urine purple so it's really obvious! Not that i've ever peed in a pool as i am a lady!

Also my internet still gets pop-ups

Cache-man

Wannabe Webmaster
Reaction score
your browser is the computer program that you use when looking at the internet.

If you are using Internet Explorer as standard you'll get lots of pop-ups, but there are ways around this.

If you use Firefox, it has a built-in pop-up blocker.

I fear that the pop-ups may be spyware/adware though

Cache-man

Wannabe Webmaster
Reaction score
In that case, go to the tools menu at the top of the Internet Explorer window, and then go down to 'Pop-up Blocker', then select 'Turn On Pop-Up Blocker'.

That should offer you some protection, but it can not block EVERY pop-up.

If you still get lots of pop-ups, then your problem is spy/adware.

Ask a Question