Computer won't power

Juan M.

i need help with this. my computer was working fine, but last week i
went to start it and all i got was the a blink from the power light, i
opened up the case, and check everything looks fine. i though it was my
power supply, but i got a new and it does the samethin. when i try to
power on i get the fans to move a little bet (not even 1/2 revolution)
and the power like blinks then it dies, i have to unplug the power cord
and plug it in again in order to the samething as i explained.

please help with this!!!!

Thanks.

PS: my computer is a

Systemax Venture
Support Kit
(1) Mini-Tower mATX Chassis w/300W PS P4M266 Motherboard
(1) Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition
(1) Intel Celeron Processor 2.0 GHz with 128K Cache
(1) 256MB DDR333 PC2700 Non-ECC Memory (256MB x 1)
(1) 40GB IDE Ultra ATA 7200rpm Hard Drive
(1) 52x (max) CD-ROM Drive
(1) 56K PCI Controllerless Hard Modem

Roberto

Juan M. said:
[...]

NOTE disconnect the power cord from the tower before working inside
the box then do the following

Unplug the power cables from HDD/FDD/CD etc ,attach only the K/B and
mouse and monitor, does it boot or do you hear any beeps?. if not I
suspect the Mo Bo has gone bad.
If it does boot re attach one device's power cable at a time until the
error comes back - there's you culprit

rgds
Roberto

Juan M.

--
Juan M.-

NOTE disconnect the power cord from the tower before working
inside
the box then do the following

Unplug the power cables from HDD/FDD/CD etc ,attach only the K/B
and
mouse and monitor, does it boot or do you hear any beeps?. if
not I
suspect the Mo Bo has gone bad.
If it does boot re attach one device's power cable at a time until
the
error comes back - there's you culprit

rgds
Roberto

Thanks Roberto for your help.

I think you are right about my Mo Bo going bad, now i am trying to
figure what type of Mo Bo should I be looking for. if you know anything
by the information i provide about the pc i will apreciate it.

Thanks Again.

Roberto

Juan M. said:
Thanks Roberto for your help.

I think you are right about my Mo Bo going bad, now i am trying to
figure what type of Mo Bo should I be looking for. if you know anything
by the information i provide about the pc i will apreciate it.

Thanks Again.
Juan M.

I think you may have a hard time finding a MoBo for the 2.0GHz Celly
CPU [currently we are on Prescott Socket 775] unless you can find some
old stock.
So you could be up for new MoBo, CPU & RAM, I suggest you go for
something like an MSI 915G combo2 board and a Celly 2.8GHz CPU [or a P4
would be better] & 512MB DDR2 RAM, also I would be happier if it had an
Intel certified 350w power supply as well
This MoBo has onboard graphics and a PCIE slot, so you could upgrade
to PCIE down the track if you are a gamer .

I'm sure others will recommend other hardware

rgds
Roberto

Juan M.

Roberto Wrote:-
[...]

Thanks for your help, you were right about having a hard time finding
the MoBo, but i did found one.

thanks. again for you help.