Computer start- no boot

Alf

Yank Upstart
Reaction score
yea, its me. Just bought a bevy of new parts to rebuild my system from the ground up. except im am running into a major road block. My system powers up fine but i get no beeps and nothing is displayed on the screen. Nothing. Im not screaming with rage (not yet) but its definitly making me nervious. here is a list of parts.

-MSI NX 7900GT 256
-ASUS A8N32-SLI DELUXE
-ATHENA POWER, Power Space Shuttle PSU (550W) .... (recommended by store)
-AMD 3500 64bit
-kingston RAM
-Western Digital WD2500KS

I'm pretty sure that i hooked up everything correctly as i double checked all the connections. From what i have read if u have no beeps, that usually means the CPU is inserted improperly, but its in correctly.... do u think its dead?? i really hope not as i dont have the cash for a new one...
I could really use some help with this, any insight that proves helpful would be extremely appreciated (these were expensive parts :blush: ) U guys and gals are my only hope!!! Thanks!

Reaction score
I believe your CPU and external clock frequency doesn't match.

Have you tried to set the CPU speed using the dip svitches on your mobo?
If not, maybe you BIOS doesn't recognize your CPU. That can be fixed by using the dip svitches I mention above.

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
Well take it back and tell 'em it's a heap O' sh1t ... tell 'em you ain't running no PIII. There are three (3) power connectors on that Asus MB. ;)

No beeps = MB

However, are you sure that memory is compatable, but you should get warning beeps if not ... Asus recommends Corsair, though I would probably use Crucial's online analyser and see what else I could use or Refer to www.asus.com or user manual for "Memory QVL (Qualify Vendor List)

Sorry MicroGain, there are no dipswitches on that MB ;)

Alf

Yank Upstart
Reaction score
Dont think its the Power Supply, as i have switched out the PSU and that didnt help
perhaps it is the memory, ill check the site....

Alf

Yank Upstart
Reaction score
...uugghhh
from the looks of it, my memory is not support...my whole 2 gigs...
well aint that a shame- looks like i will have to buy some fancy memory now. i was thinking Corsair.

Reaction score
Alf said:
yea, its me. Just bought a bevy of new parts to rebuild my system from the ground up. except im am running into a major road block. My system powers up fine but i get no beeps and nothing is displayed on the screen. Nothing. Im not screaming with rage (not yet) but its definitly making me nervious. here is a list of parts.

-MSI NX 7900GT 256
-ASUS A8N32-SLI DELUXE
-AMD 3500 64bit
-kingston RAM
-Western Digital WD2500KS

I'm pretty sure that i hooked up everything correctly as i double checked all the connections. From what i have read if u have no beeps, that usually means the CPU is inserted improperly, but its in correctly.... do u think its dead?? i really hope not as i dont have the cash for a new one...
I could really use some help with this, any insight that proves helpful would be extremely appreciated (these were expensive parts :blush: ) U guys and gals are my only hope!!! Thanks!

If you can double check anything is push in fine.Make sure the ram is aswell.I can,t seeing it being the power.

Alf

Yank Upstart
Reaction score
I thank everyone who helped me in this problem!
well to tell u the truth it was my error. as i plugged my memory into slot A1, but it should have been in B1. now my system had booted and i am now reformatting my HDD!
Thanks Everyone.... even though i didnt use ur advice :D