Computer Planet

Reaction score
I have been buying high price items since 1969, custom built computers since 1985 and running my own business for the last 13 1/2yrs. I buy from national and international companies and am a registered importer and buying from Computer Planet was without a doubt my worst buying experience ever. I have previously had 6 computers made every one has arrived in 2 weeks or less and worked perfectly straight out of the box.

Before ordering I filled out there quote form and sent it to them asking if everything was compatible. They replied stating it was so I placed an order on 14th Jan. I phoned them straight away to ask if a Physxs card could be added as this was not on their site. I was told it could be and that it was compatible I was told delivery would be the following Monday which matched the 7 days on their site. A few days later I got an e-mail saying there was a Component Availability Problem.

On day 22 I phoned them and asked when the computer would be delivered, the person said they would find out and get back to me. The following day I received an email stating it would be sent within 48 hrs and when I checked their site later it stated it had been shipped. On day 25 I received an e-mail stating the computer was in second stage testing and the following day on saying the motherboard was not 2 SLi compatible. This was 26 days after they had said everything was. I have since contacted 4 companies who have all informed me that the motherboard is 2SLi compatible. A few days later I get another e-mail saying Component Availability Problem. I then find out that the Liquid cooling system I had ordered does not come completely fitted and I would have had to open the Computer myself to get it working.

On day 35 I get an e-mail saying they cannot fit the USB card into the computer and on day 37 I check their website and find a credit note which shows they are not fitting the internal card reader which was part of my original order.

The computer arrived on day 38. I spent 2 hrs backing up files and cleaning my old computer and then started to sort out the new one. When I first booted it up there was no video signal to my monitor. I was forced to shut it down via the button and restart it to get a signal. I then tried to install some of my programs, I kept getting lock ups black screen and problems restarting. After 3 1/2hrs I got a blue screen saying Hardware Malfunction.

I e-mailed them and as I had been promised that if the computer did not work I could return it and get a refund on the first Saturday demanded they collect it. The first Saturday was the 23rd February but they did not do it then as I did not receive it in my Bank until the 4th Mar.

I have been in touch with Trading Standards who state the company have breached both the Distance Selling Regulations and the Sale of goods Act and I am currently considering Legal Action against them. They stated that I could not lose and the only question would be how much compensation the Judge would award.

If you have had similar problems with Computer Planet and are considering a court case against them then e-mail me at (e-mail address removed).

Reaction score
Horrible experience

Let me start of by saying that Computer planet has great pc part up for offer and a really good website. But that is where the good stops.
I have spent over a £1700 on a cusom pc from them and regret it up to this day.
They seem really great and helpfull a they agree to every request I made....but the fact is they never followed through on most of their promises.
The good reviews you read online is the ones who bought a pre-built pc and received it in working order.
The problem with CP comes when something is wrong and they need to fix it. The servie and customer support is terrble and I had to fix everything myself.
I cannot even start to list all the things that was wrong but the list was long!
Just beware before you buy from them.....read all the bad revies and you will see that they all come down to the same problem with them....bad support and customer service!
I will NEVER use them again or recommend them to anyone.
feel free to email me for more info before you buy from them.

Ask a Question