    installed and then removed without having ever been turned
    on. So I know that the problem is not with the video
    card. Any help would be appreciated.

    cuevasrbt \(removethis\) @cox.net, Sep 23, 2004

  2. cuevasrbt \(removethis\) @cox.net

    Guest Guest

    Make sure you didn't accidently loosen a memory strip.
    That beeping is a typical result of unseated or bad
    memory.

    remembered
    >that I had to uninstall the drivers for the old card
    >before I could go any farther. So, I removed the new

    card
    >and placed the original video card back into its slot.
    >Connected all the cables, etc. turned it on and the
    >computer screen remained black, the computer made a

    series
    >of beeps (6) (2) (1) and nothing happened. I never

    turned

    Guest, Sep 23, 2004

  3. cuevasrbt \(removethis\) @cox.net

    Guest Guest

    Does your documentation that came with your computer have
    information on what these beebs mean ?

    Guest, Sep 23, 2004
  4. cuevasrbt \(removethis\) @cox.net

    Guest Guest

    Four beeps means it is related to the video card.

    Guest, Sep 23, 2004
  5. cuevasrbt \(removethis\) @cox.net

    Michael Guest

    You mean the computer does not POST?
    Try this link for beep codes: http://www.pcguide.com/ts/x/sys/beep/
    Make sure you don't have a stuck KB key either :)
    If it's not AGP video card, change the slot or install both cards and see
    where you get video.
    Michael

    Michael, Sep 24, 2004