    machine won't load it. I'm using Internet Explorer 6 on
    Windows XP Pro.

    Thanks!

    Robert, Mar 8, 2004

  2. Robert

    *Vanguard* Guest

    "Robert" said in news:8fc201c404cd$ae3a7550$:
    > Hello,
    >
    > I've been trying to load SkyAndTelescope.com's
    > interactive sky chart applet tonight. For some reason my
    > home computer is not running the applet. The following
    > message appears (black text on black background, so I had
    > to highlight to see it):
    >
    > alt="Your browser understands the <APPLET> tag but isn't
    > running the applet, for some reason." Your browser is
    > completely ignoring the <APPLET> tag!
    >
    > I've used this applet many times before on other machines
    > running the same software, but for some reason my home
    > machine won't load it. I'm using Internet Explorer 6 on
    > Windows XP Pro.
    >
    > Thanks!

    Tried purging your browser's temp file cache lately? Although there are
    lots of online articles about applets, like,
    http://developer.netscape.com/docs/technote/java/javadl.html, I didn't
    see one (yet) that definitely states where the applet gets download, so
    I'm guessing they get stored under the path for the browser's temp file
    cache. My other guesses would be to empty the %temp% and %windir%\temp
    directories. Could be you already have an old version of the applet
    downloaded but it won't run, so you need to get rid of it and get a new
    download of the applet.

    *Vanguard*, Mar 8, 2004

  3. "Robert" <> wrote in message
    > Hello,
    >
    > I've been trying to load SkyAndTelescope.com's
    > interactive sky chart applet tonight. For some reason my
    > home computer is not running the applet. The following
    > message appears (black text on black background, so I had
    > to highlight to see it):
    >
    > alt="Your browser understands the <APPLET> tag but isn't
    > running the applet, for some reason." Your browser is
    > completely ignoring the <APPLET> tag!
    >
    > I've used this applet many times before on other machines
    > running the same software, but for some reason my home
    > machine won't load it. I'm using Internet Explorer 6 on
    > Windows XP Pro.
    >
    > Thanks!

    WinXP does not come with Java support.
    Java VM: http://www.mvps.org/inetexplorer/answers_9.htm#java2
    Understand that because of a court decision Microsoft will stop all Java
    support after 30 SEP 04.
    Sun version
    http://java.sun.com/getjava/installer.html

    --