Complete noob needs advice

Reaction score
im a desperate noob in need of a new desktop pc. actually created this account just to get some helpful advice from you guys. im looking to purchase the following computer for about $999 us (550 GBP/780 EUR):

CPU: Intel® Core™ 2 Duo E6600 CPU @ 2.4GHz 1066FSB 2x2MB L2 Cache

MOTHERBOARD: Intel DP965LT P965 Chipset LGA775 Supports Core 2 Duo CPU FSB1066 DDR2/800 Mainboard w/GbLAN, USB2.0, IEEE1394&7.1Audio

MEMORY: 1GB (2x512MB) PC6400 DDR2/800 Dual Channel Memory

VIDEO CARD: NVIDIA Geforce 7300 GT 256MB 16X PCI EXPRESS VIDEO CARD

HARD DRIVE: 200GB SATA-II 3.0Gb/s 8M Cache 7200RPM Hard Drive

Optical Drive: LiteOn SHM-165H6S 16X Double Layer DVD+-RW Super Allwrite + Lightscribe Technology

SOUND: Creative Labs SB Audigy SE

to me this sounds like a really good deal. just wanted to know what you guys think. btw this is from cyberpowersystems (if that helps) and building a computer on my own is out of the question since im oblivious as to how to build one. basically what im asking is if its WORTH buying.

please help !! im currently using a Pentium 2 333MGhz + 96MB ram and on a 8GB HD. i think its time for an upgrade...

Last edited:
Reaction score
Hey! Welcome to PCR :D

The rig spec is pretty good, the price isnt too bad. The Intel board isnt much of an overclocker, but if you just want a stable new rig it`ll be fine.

It would be better if the 7300GT card only uses its own RAM and doesnt hog system RAM. I dont know for sure if the one you`ll get does or not..best to ask

Hope the PSU they use is up to the job.

Cant complain..tis a good rig overall :)

Kenny

crazylegs

Member Extraordinaire
Reaction score
As Kenny has already stated the Mobo is average but the chip is absolutely fine...

would like to see more ram but for £550 can't complain..

Reaction score
Kenny said:
It would be better if the 7300GT card only uses its own RAM and doesnt hog system RAM. I dont know for sure if the one you`ll get does or not..best to ask
Kenny

Usually the cards that hog the system RAM are those integrated pieces of rubbish. im fairly sure the 7300GT will use its own ram instead of the pc's, its a good enough card :D.

I'd say to go for it, you wont need to upgrade if its only a desktop one.

You said your buying from cyber powered systems.. They have a reccomended psu which is 500 watts, more than enough for your pc :D.

Ask a Question