    this will compile my project into a installable program.

    Thanks,
    Dave Marden

    Dave Marden, Feb 22, 2006

  2. Dave Marden

    Guest Guest

    Nope... you can not make and installable stand alone program. VBA only works
    with existing programs. What compiling will do is it will check all of your
    syntax and point our any errors in the syntax. You should always compile your
    code. If it does not compile then you need to fix it even if it seems to be
    running ok. Note that a compiled program can still generate run time errors
    so you still need to use error handlers.
    --
    HTH...

    Jim Thomlinson

    Guest, Feb 22, 2006

  3. Dave Marden

    Chip Pearson Guest

    VBA is stored in the workbook as byte-codes that correspond to
    the text you type in. The actual text is never saved. When you
    compile the code, VBA takes these generic opcodes and compiles
    them in to platform-specific excodes, which are in turn read by
    the run-time libraries when you run the code. VBA will also
    compile code as needed at run time. As a practical matter,
    clicking Compile just does a syntax check on the project.

    --
    Cordially,
    Chip Pearson

    Chip Pearson, Feb 22, 2006