compare two Excel files for differences

ILoveMyCorgi

I have two Excel files with data. One file contains data in Columns A
through BK, one header row with data [row1] and data in row 2 through 1016.
The other file contains data, same as the first file but only goes from row
row 2 through 903. Is there something I can run that will compare both files
and give me an output of the differences between both files? For instance,
if Column C row 8 has "false" in file 1 and file 2 column c row 8 is blank
the output would display the two differences. I am working with tables in a
database and we are migrating to SQL and the tables need to be exact... a big
task considering there are numerous tables with more numerous fields. Any
help/suggestions would be greatly appreciated!!! Thank you. Susan

Jim Cone

My commercial Excel add-in "XL Companion" will do that.
Email and ask for the free trial version.
Remove xxx from my email address... james.coneXXX at comcast.netXXX
Please provide your real name and geographic location.
--
Jim Cone
Portland, Oregon USA

"ILoveMyCorgi"
<[email protected]>
wrote in message
I have two Excel files with data. One file contains data in Columns A
through BK, one header row with data [row1] and data in row 2 through 1016.
The other file contains data, same as the first file but only goes from row
row 2 through 903. Is there something I can run that will compare both files
and give me an output of the differences between both files? For instance,
if Column C row 8 has "false" in file 1 and file 2 column c row 8 is blank
the output would display the two differences. I am working with tables in a
database and we are migrating to SQL and the tables need to be exact...
a big task considering there are numerous tables with more numerous fields.
Any help/suggestions would be greatly appreciated!!! Thank you. Susan

ILoveMyCorgi

Is this a Microsoft product? Do you have a link or email address of where I
can request Excel Companion? Susan

ILoveMyCorgi said:
Thank you so much. I will email today. Susan