Compaq Wireless Lan Multiport W200

Reaction score
Has anyone had a problem with this card making the laptop (Windows XP) blue screen on startup. This is happening on a N1000c Compaq laptop. If I uninstall the hardware it boots fine.

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
Naw ... I won't, I'll be kool ... aw feck it.

Was going to make a quip remark about Comcrap ... but then remembered I can't say **** ... without being censored. :rolleyes:

So, I would say, maybe the Laptop is incompatable with your card. :)

chelseafc2005

Crunchtastic
Reaction score
is the problem when the wireless card is plugged in when you start the comp up? If so why dont you take the card out of the slot for startup and then pplug it in once you are into the os

Reaction score
I had same issue..

After two days of troubleshooting .. I think I found the solution..

After beating my head in trying to fix the Laptop, I decided it had to be something on the Cisco causing it, because if I walked out of range of the AP it would not blue screen..

It was related to a broadcast SSID that was configured for WPA (not sure that made a difference) on my Aironet 1200 series and the way the Compaq Wireless card recieved that transmission.. by stopping the broadcast SSID the blue screen would stop.. or by disabling Radio on the 1200 the blue screen would stop..

Kept playing with the settings on the 1200 and after a day and a half I finally found it..

First Make sure you are at the latest revision of the IOS .. 12.3 (8) is my version.. then go into network setting.. 802.11 radio .. settings.. scroll down and find Aironet Extensions setting and disable it.. I think it's enabled by default.. as soon as I did this the blue screen stopped..

Good luck,

RB

Reaction score
rbuzzard said:
I had same issue..

After two days of troubleshooting .. I think I found the solution..

After beating my head in trying to fix the Laptop, I decided it had to be something on the Cisco causing it, because if I walked out of range of the AP it would not blue screen..

It was related to a broadcast SSID that was configured for WPA (not sure that made a difference) on my Aironet 1200 series and the way the Compaq Wireless card recieved that transmission.. by stopping the broadcast SSID the blue screen would stop.. or by disabling Radio on the 1200 the blue screen would stop..

Kept playing with the settings on the 1200 and after a day and a half I finally found it..

First Make sure you are at the latest revision of the IOS .. 12.3 (8) is my version.. then go into network setting.. 802.11 radio .. settings.. scroll down and find Aironet Extensions setting and disable it.. I think it's enabled by default.. as soon as I did this the blue screen stopped..

Good luck,

RB

have anybody done this problem for compaq n610c with wireless same problem? please

Ask a Question