Comp USA idiots, part 897:

The Enigmatic One

He didn't say that in his first post. He just complained about "no
amps." Later on, after a few of us responded, he amplified his request.

Sorry. He likely didn't expect utter idiots to not only respond, but later
complain.

And yet you did.

-Tim

Scott en Aztlán

And hey, if it says Mad Dog, it's gotta be good.

I hear ya.
Pay no attention to
the lightening bolts, and howelling -- it's all a part of the
marketting.

And the pretty blue light that makes the inside of your PC glow. :)

Scott en Aztlán

That's happened to me too. It took maybe half an hour for the droid and
manager to find what I was looking for in the back room. In addition to
all the other problems, it appears that their inventory system sucks
too.

A portable hobby like knitting is of immeasurable value in situations
like this.

One of these days when I'm *really* bored and have a lot of time to
kill, I'm going to order one of those "hidden" items on the CompUSA
web site and select "Store Pickup" to see if that cuts down on some of
the waiting time.

Scott en Aztlán

Gee! My visits to CompUSA are usually quite different. A friend and I
are both computer geeks. We went to the CompUSA in Wilmington DE to pick
up the Hitache 160GB hard drive that they advertised for $60.

Not surprisingly, they were sold out.

Actually, they probably weren't - there were a couple of dozen of them
hiding in the stockroom. ;)

John Doe

(e-mail address removed) says...
(>>The Real Bev wrote:)
Sorry. He likely didn't expect utter idiots to not only respond,
but later complain.
Troll.

And yet you did.

The Real Bev's reply was maybe rude but it was correct.

Matt insultingly replied "You can read the side of a box, but how
can I gently get you to say that you don't know the practical
meaning of those specs or whether they have any practical meaning?".
Matt pursued the affair, changing the subject line to "gentle
attempt #2".

That was the first in a long string of replies based on an
assumption that the individual output amp ratings were not given on
the box of the Mad Dog (SurePower, MD-350WPS) power supply sold
at CompUSA.

That assumption was claimed wrong by an X-No-Archive author,
archived in my message here.

[email protected]
Xns96125E2AE15Fwisdomfolly 151.164.30.42

Was the big stink based on a false assumption? Was the consumer
group author intimidated into backing down? Are X-No-Archive authors
worth the space they occupy in the archives? Inquiring minds need
to know!

At this time, I think it's up to (e-mail address removed) (bryanlove) to
come forth and tell us whether he looked close enough at the box.

-Tim

Newsgroups: alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,misc.consumers,alt.consumers.experiences
Subject: Re: Comp USA idiots, part 897:
From: try again.spammers (The Enigmatic One)
Date: Tue, 08 Mar 2005 11:58:28 GMT

JAD

Going for another "longest thread" record? You must live under a very
trafficked bridge, to gain so much experience.

The Enigmatic One

Also, anything with the "Mad Dog" label is a piece of junk that, because of
their "bargain" prices, has duped a lot of buyers - including me.

Disagree. MadDog, like Cendyne, IO Magic and many others, is a rebadger.
Which means the product inside could very well be great or it could be a
piece of junk, depending on who actually manufactured what MadDog put their
name on. I do know that at least one of the MadDog power supplies recently
available were quite decent ones made by TTGI/Superflower. That doesn't mean
that the other ones are, but it does mean that your statement is somewhat
incorrect.

-Tim

quietguy

Dont be bloody silly - his question was perfectly clear - anyone with even a
smidgin of knowledge knows what it means when someone asks for the current
rating(s) of a power supply - the secondry rating(s) of course. His question
would have meaning to anyone familiar with computers, radios, tv etc etc

David

Bob Ward

Dont be bloody silly - his question was perfectly clear - anyone with even a
smidgin of knowledge knows what it means when someone asks for the current
rating(s) of a power supply - the secondry rating(s) of course. His question
would have meaning to anyone familiar with computers, radios, tv etc etc

David

Be sure and let us know when you are all caught up with the current
messages - that one was settled over a month ago.