Communication of desktop application witch Pocket PC

Reaction score
Good Day,
I have SQL CE database (MyDab.sdf) on my Pocket PC. Now I need to programme application on my desktop computer, which will work with MyDab.sdf.
I need something like:
After docking Pocket PC into dock and press button "Work" in my desktop application, this application will send to the Pocket PC some SQL question and then receive ansewer from Pocket PC (MyDab.sdf)

I have idea how to do this, but I would like to know if it is common idea or useless complicated.
1) After click on button "Work" my desktop application run Server on some port
2) Desktop application run program on Pocket PC with arguments
These arguments are: IP of Desktop PC, Port witch server is listening
3)Application on Pocket PC can now communicate witch Desktop PC, receive questions and sends answers

But I think that it is very complicated and here must be some other way how to work witch SDF file on Pocket PC

PS: I dont understand system of searching in this forum (still have answers like: The following words are either very common, too long, or too short and were not included in your search : SQL, CE
) so it is possible that similar problem was solved here somedays ago. So reference on some old thread will be ok.

Ask a Question