combo box where clause problem

G

I get "Enter Parameter Value forms!frmEval!cboSelectName " when I try to select a date from a combo box with this

SELECT ... FROM tblVersion WHERE ((([tblVersion].[peoID])=[FORMS]!frmEval!cboEvalSelectName)) ... ;

frmPastEval is a popup activated from frmEval, so frmEval is up and there is a good ID in cboEvalSelectName
I have succeeded in getting the name in frmEval!cboEvalSelectname to show in a text box on this form, so I have succeeded in transferring one piece of data from frmEval to frmPastEval.

What's the fix for the WHERE clause?

M

Marshall Barton

Desert said:
I get "Enter Parameter Value forms!frmEval!cboSelectName " when I try to select a date from a combo box with this:

SELECT ... FROM tblVersion WHERE ((([tblVersion].[peoID])=[FORMS]!frmEval!cboEvalSelectName)) ... ;

frmPastEval is a popup activated from frmEval, so frmEval is up and there is a good ID in cboEvalSelectName.
I have succeeded in getting the name in frmEval!cboEvalSelectname to show in a text box on this form, so I have succeeded in transferring one piece of data from frmEval to frmPastEval.

What's the fix for the WHERE clause?

It looks lik you're comparing an ID code number to a text
name.

G

The combo box selects the ID while displaying the name. It is defined as
SELECT [tblPeople].[peoID], [tblPeople].[peoFullName] FROM tblPeople ORDER BY [tblPeople].[peoFullName];

M

Marshall Barton

Desert said:
The combo box selects the ID while displaying the name. It is defined as:
SELECT [tblPeople].[peoID], [tblPeople].[peoFullName] FROM tblPeople ORDER BY [tblPeople].[peoFullName];

Ok, I think I understand what you're doing now.

The thing that is confusing me is that your second combo
box's row source query has a different parameter than the
one the error message is complaining about. I wonder where
the cboSelectName is coming from??

Is there any code that is replacing the row source? Has
Access gotten stuck on an old row source and maybe
reentering the query might shake it loose?? Is the error
coming from something else altogether???

Ask a Question