combo box goes blank?

Opal

I have a form with two combo boxes. The first one selects
the Area (AreaID) and the second selects the equipment
(EquipmentID). In the SQL statement for the equipment
combo box is as follows:

SELECT Equipment.EquipmentID, Equipment.EquipmentName,
Equipment.AreaID
FROM Equipment
WHERE (((Equipment.AreaID)=[Forms]![frmConcern]![AreaID]));

So that only the equipment specific to the the area comes up.

There are almost 800 records in my table and for some
reason only one item from the equipment table will come
up in the EquipmentID combo box and after the first
28 records in the table the box is blank. I have gone blind
going through all the records in the table to ensure that
the correct Area and Equipment line up and I cannot figure
out why this is happening. Does anyone have any suggestions?
(PS. I inherited this database, so was not able to code this
combo box before it was put into use - now the users do not
want to see 70 pieces of equipment each time they enter a
record).

Opal

Access 2003? Did you recently install SP3? If so, check the hotfix athttp://support.microsoft.com/kb/945674

--
Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVPhttp://I.Am/DougSteele
(no private e-mails, please)

[...]
record).- Hide quoted text -

I didn't, but I will check because the IT Group could have done
anything. :-S

Jan Baird

Jan Baird is out of the country until September 20. Every effort will be
made to respond to messages, but please be patient.

[...]

anything. :-S- Hide quoted text -

Yes, SP3 was installed and I had our IT Group install the hotfix, but
I still have
the same problem. Any other suggestions?

Douglas J. Steele

Sorry, no.

--
Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP

(no e-mails, please!)

Yes, SP3 was installed and I had our IT Group install the hotfix, but
I still have
the same problem. Any other suggestions?

Opal

Sorry, no.

--
Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVPhttp://I.Am/DougSteele
(no e-mails, please!)

Yes, SP3 was installed and I had our IT Group install the hotfix, but
I still have
the same problem.  Any other suggestions?

Thanks Doug. From the looks of it, I have to recreate the forms.