Event ID: 4863
Date: 8/10/2004
Time: 8:29:54 AM
User: N/A
Computer: TMILLER
TransactionManager->GetWhereabouts failed. If Distributed Transaction
Coordinator is configured to use remote host to coordinate transactions, it
is likely that remote host cannot be contacted. You can configure MSDTC to
use local coordinator by clicking MSDTC toolbar button in Component Services
MMC snap-in. Since further execution is impossible at this time, server
process has been terminated.
Server Application ID: {02D4B3F1-FD88-11D1-960D-00805FC79235}
Server Application Instance ID:
{CFB683E0-272A-4AC0-936E-A5A5EF43F2B1}
Server Application Name: System Application
Error Code = 0x8004d01b : The Transaction Manager is not available.
COM+ Services Internals Information:
File: d:\qxp_slp\com\com1x\src\comsvcs\txprop\dtcinfo.cpp, Line: 164
Comsvcs.dll file version: ENU 2001.12.4414.258 shp

John

TransactionManager->GetWhereabouts failed. If Distributed Transaction
Coordinator is configured to use remote host to coordinate transactions, it
is likely that remote host cannot be contacted. You can configure MSDTC to
use local coordinator by clicking MSDTC toolbar button in Component Services
MMC snap-in. Since further execution is impossible at this time, server
process has been terminated.

This worked for me:

cd %systemroot%\system32
msdtc -uninstall
msdtc -install

If this does not work try performing the steps in "Microsoft Knowledge
Base Article - 315296" to clean 'Clean Up a Damaged COM+ Catalog' and
then do the step above again. I don't think 315296 actually helped
fix the problem; but I can't say for sure since I did do 315296 before
doing the steps above. Therefore, try just the steps above first. If
you do perform 315296, the following may apply: If "IIS In-Process
Applications" and "IIS Out-Of-Process Pooled Applications" do not
appear in the "COM+ Applications" folder of the Component Manager:

cd %systemroot%\system32\inetsrv
rundll32 wamreg.dll, CreateIISPackage

Kelmen Wong

Yah, that worked for me too
I noticed that "Distributed Transaction Coordinator" use
"NetworkService" to logon. Maybe you can try the logon changes.

Microsoft is slacking on these impact (the user-group is far better
than their MSKB) . They forget about the developers in the outside
world. NVM, my company is starting to push Java product anyway. The
day of Microsoft can be count...

[email protected] (John) wrote in message news: said:
This worked for me:

cd %systemroot%\system32
msdtc -uninstall
msdtc -install
<snipped>

Trevor Miller

I tried the reinstall of msdtc however now I am getting the following

When I try to expand theMy Computer node its pops up with
An Error occurred while processing the last operation
Error code 8004E00F - COM+ was unable to talk to the Microsoft Distributed
Transaction Coordinator

The event log has two notable events for this
Event Type: Error
Event Source: COM+
Event Category: (98)
Event ID: 4691
Date: 9/14/2004
Time: 10:18:59 AM
User: N/A
Computer: TMILLER
The run-time environment was unable to initialize for transactions required
to support transactional components. Make sure that MS-DTC is running.
(DtcGetTransactionManagerEx(): hr = 0x8004d027)

AND

Event Type: Error
Event Source: MSDTC Client
Event Category: MSDTC Proxy
Event ID: 4427
Date: 9/14/2004
Time: 10:19:00 AM
User: N/A
Computer: TMILLER
Failed to initialize the needed name objects. Error Specifics:
d:\qxp_slp\com\com1x\dtc\dtc\msdtcprx\src\dtcinit.cpp:215, CmdLine:
C:\WINDOWS\system32\dllhost.exe
/Processid:{02D4B3F1-FD88-11D1-960D-00805FC79235}, Pid: 3636
No Callstack (0)

Data:
0000: 05 40 00 80 .@.€

So once this happened I tried "Microsoft Knowledge
Base Article - 315296" to clean 'Clean Up a Damaged COM+ Catalog' but that
did not make any change. I will go research these new errors to hopefully
get somewhere with this.

Trev

Trevor Miller

Okay I got it working. Once I reinstalled COM+ and came across the other
errors I couldnt get anywhere. I tried to reintall msdtc again and all
appears to be fine. So I guess the logical path needed was to reintall COM
+ as per KB315296 then reinstall msdtc.

Thanks all

Joined
May 23, 2007
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
Works................

This steps worked perfectly for me toooo

' Step1: Reinstall the MSDTC
cd %systemroot%\system32
msdtc -uninstall
msdtc -install
note: You can llok into the application event viewer to check the msdtc got reinstallled perfectly

' Step2: Repair the corrupted Package
cd %systemroot%\system32\inetsrv
rundll32 wamreg.dll, CreateIISPackage

tHANKS aLOT GUYS

rEGARDS
rANJITH rAMAKRISHNAN

Trevor Miller said:
I downloaded SP2 "Final" from MS yesterday. Installed no problem and am now
working through the list of things that dont work anymore. Some security
related, some not. My main one I cant seem to get around is the following.

- Standalone computer
- DTC Service is set to log on using local system account. All settings out
of box
- Logged in admin local
- Open COM + MMC
- Drill down and highlight the COM + Applications node
- Wait 10 seconds and you will recieve the following error on a pop-up

An error occured while processing the last operation. Error code 80080005 -
Server execution failed.

The event log has this:

Event Type: Error
Event Source: COM+