Colors mess up

T

Tom Brown

I have somehow managed to get the Windows colors out of whack on my Dell laptop. I have built a web site and in the WYSIWG editor, when I select a change of colors, it does not show up on the display. Also, when I change the color of text, as in the example of the word "colors" in the last sentence, I do not see any colors. I only see black text.

The problem seems to only affect the text and background colors. I am able to view many colors in other instances such as on web sites and photos. But, for example, when I view my website on someone else's computer, I see the text is something (Red) other than the black I see on my LCD display.

I might add that I once did something in an Adobe program (maybe Photoshop) that was supposed to correct any color imbalances. Could that be the culprit? I don't know how to remove it if it is. Also, it is no help to go to Display Properties/Appearance, Color Schemes and change the colors. The problem still exists.

As usual, any help will be appreciated.

Tom

T

Travis King

Have you also gone to Display Properties\Settings and make sure that it is set to at least 16 bit?
I have somehow managed to get the Windows colors out of whack on my Dell laptop. I have built a web site and in the WYSIWG editor, when I select a change of colors, it does not show up on the display. Also, when I change the color of text, as in the example of the word "colors" in the last sentence, I do not see any colors. I only see black text.

The problem seems to only affect the text and background colors. I am able to view many colors in other instances such as on web sites and photos. But, for example, when I view my website on someone else's computer, I see the text is something (Red) other than the black I see on my LCD display.

I might add that I once did something in an Adobe program (maybe Photoshop) that was supposed to correct any color imbalances. Could that be the culprit? I don't know how to remove it if it is. Also, it is no help to go to Display Properties/Appearance, Color Schemes and change the colors. The problem still exists.

Tom

D

Dick Kistler

Please post in text mode in these newsgroups.
Have you also gone to Display Properties\Settings and make sure that it is set to at least 16 bit?

Tom

Ask a Question