    How do I find out which Codecs are installed on my Laptop? Which ones can /
    will be used by WMP V10 under WinXP Home SP3? Does WM Codecs 9 contain a full
    set of codecs and are they suitable for WMP V10?

    PSRumbagh, Jun 26, 2009

  2. Hello,

    Try this to view installed codecs
    Start > Control Panel > Sounds and Audio Devices > Hardware > (select video
    codecs) > properties > properties

    ___
    Singapore Computer Home Remote On-Site Repair Service

    Singapore Computer Service, Jun 26, 2009

  3. PSRumbagh

    Andrew E. Guest

    Go to microsoft downloads,locate or type windows media,by date,you'll
    find the latest xp codec installation...Or,open WMP,tools,options,locate the
    box & check it to allow WMP to update codecs automatically..

    Andrew E., Jun 27, 2009
  4. Use Gspot to find all the codecs on your system (much more comprehensive
    than control panel/sounds and audio devices).
    http://www.headbands.com/gspot/

    Use Microsoft Video decoder checkup utility to check which MPEG2 codecs are
    compatible with WMP:
    http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/...AC-0AB6-4990-943D-627E6ADE9FCB&displaylang=en

    Jean Rosenfeld, Jun 28, 2009