Code to deleted all emails from pre-defined senders

Reaction score
Dear all

Has someone got some code that when run will go through the inbox and delete all emails from certain senders?

Many thanks in advance.

Jim

nivrip

Yorkshire Cruncher
Reaction score
I use Gmail and I set up filters to eliminate specific email addresses I don't want to receive.

Before this I used Mailwasher, a free download, which did a similar job and can be used on any email system.

nivrip

Yorkshire Cruncher
Reaction score
Ahhh....... You didn't actually say that in your first post.

In that case, I don't know the answer.

It would also be handy to know which system you use as there may be someone who uses the same system and does know the answer.

Reaction score
Outlook 2010 - sorry thought I had implied it as I said I wanted it to go through the inbox.

Thanks for your comments though it is appreciated! :)

nivrip

Yorkshire Cruncher
Reaction score
Just remembered the short spell I used Windows Mail there was a way to do it. Not sure if Outlook is the same though.

In Tools>Message Rules you can create a New Rule by entering specific names of senders and instructing the Rule to delete all emails from that sender. It will even work retrospectively and delete all emails from that sender that are currently in your Inbox.

Outlook and Windows Mail must surely have some similarities.

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Use mailwasher, free for one e-mail account, automatically bounces back unwanted spam.

Silverhazesurfer

Master of Logic
Reaction score
Outlook has a rules wizard that will allow you to filter, move or remove emails of a specific definition.

http://officetwoten.blogspot.com/2009/07/outlook-2010-rules.html
http://www.byteblocks.com/post/2009/12/04/Creating-Email-Rules-In-Outlook-2010.aspx

This should get you an idea as to what to do but in the end, you will need to create a custom rule. Start with a blank rule and add the parameters as you go using the wizard. Once you do that, run your rules and the system should start to filter as desired. I would recommend a move to a folder first to separate your mail before you delete. In the end, it is your choice.

Ask a Question