Clustering

Hi ,

Can any one tell me the licensing cost of windows cluster server. Is active/passive , active/active costs are in indifferent .
The cluster software comes with widows advanced server. I mean we have to buy seprate licenses for cluster scenarios?

Advise the costs and impacts.

Thanks,

Jay.

Andrew

Jay,

Go to this link and check the number at the bottom of the
page.

http://www.microsoft.com/licensing/resources/server_overvie
w.asp

For clustering, usually Processor License Option being
used. Plus you need the Enterprise edition for clustering.
You might want to contact someone who does clustering job.
No used to mention the price, it's pricey.