Clip Art (WMF) won't insert

Antje Crawford

Hello,
I am using PowerPoint 2003, and am trying to insert a
clip art into one of my presentations.
But when I click the clip art it gives this msg ...
"PowerPoint couldn't create a picture from the specified
file."
I looked at the properties, and it appears that this clip
art is a WMF file.

Any suggestions or solutions?
All help is greatly appreciated.
TIA.
BR, Antje Crawford

Michael Koerner

Try inserting it as a sound/movie file instead of an image file, and see what
happens. WMF=Windows Media File

--
<>Please post all follow-up questions/replies to the newsgroup<>
<><>Email unless specifically requested will not be opened<><>

Hello,
I am using PowerPoint 2003, and am trying to insert a
clip art into one of my presentations.
But when I click the clip art it gives this msg ...
"PowerPoint couldn't create a picture from the specified
file."
I looked at the properties, and it appears that this clip
art is a WMF file.

Any suggestions or solutions?
All help is greatly appreciated.
TIA.
BR, Antje Crawford

Glen Millar

Michael,

Insert sound/ movie?

Methinks, that you-thinks, that instead of it being a *.wmf, it might be
*.wmv?

Glen Millar
Microsoft PPT MVP
http://www.powerpointworkbench.com/
Please tell us your ppt version, and get back to us here
Remove spaces from signature
Posted to news://msnews.microsoft.com

Michael Koerner

Not what I was thinking. But it is the excuse I'm going to use <g>.

That's what I get for answering something whilst heading out the door without my
first jug of coffee. Thanks for catching me on this one.

Michael

Michael,

Insert sound/ movie?

Methinks, that you-thinks, that instead of it being a *.wmf, it might be
*.wmv?

Glen Millar
Microsoft PPT MVP
http://www.powerpointworkbench.com/
Please tell us your ppt version, and get back to us here
Remove spaces from signature
Posted to news://msnews.microsoft.com

Glen Millar

Michael,

As for me, I'm heading out the door to bed <g>. Been a long 2 weeks for me!

Glen Millar
Microsoft PPT MVP
http://www.powerpointworkbench.com/
Please tell us your ppt version, and get back to us here
Remove spaces from signature
Posted to news://msnews.microsoft.com

Michael Koerner said:
Not what I was thinking. But it is the excuse I'm going to use <g>.

That's what I get for answering something whilst heading out the door without my
first jug of coffee. Thanks for catching me on this one.

Michael

Michael,

Insert sound/ movie?

Methinks, that you-thinks, that instead of it being a *.wmf, it might be
*.wmv?

Glen Millar
Microsoft PPT MVP
http://www.powerpointworkbench.com/
Please tell us your ppt version, and get back to us here
Remove spaces from signature
Posted to news://msnews.microsoft.com

Michael Koerner said:
[...]

Antje

Sorry to say, but it won't insert as movie or sound. When
searching for it, it only appears when clip arts is
selected.
Any other suggestions?
Thank you.
Antje
Using said:
<><><>Do Not Post Attachments In This Newsgroup<><><>
Michael Koerner [MS PPT MVP]

Hello,
I am using PowerPoint 2003, and am trying to insert a
clip art into one of my presentations.
But when I click the clip art it gives this msg ...
"PowerPoint couldn't create a picture from the specified
file."
I looked at the properties, and it appears that this clip
art is a WMF file.

Any suggestions or solutions?
All help is greatly appreciated.
TIA.
BR, Antje Crawford

.

Michael Koerner

That was my error not reading your message correctly. Do you have a paint
program that you could open the file with and maybe save it in a different
format that you could insert into PowerPoint If you want to send it to me at
michael at oldfco dot ca, I'd like to try inserting it and see what happens.

--

Using said:
<><><>Do Not Post Attachments In This Newsgroup<><><>
Michael Koerner [MS PPT MVP]

Hello,
I am using PowerPoint 2003, and am trying to insert a
clip art into one of my presentations.
But when I click the clip art it gives this msg ...
"PowerPoint couldn't create a picture from the specified
file."
I looked at the properties, and it appears that this clip
art is a WMF file.

Any suggestions or solutions?
All help is greatly appreciated.
TIA.
BR, Antje Crawford

.

Echo S

Do you know where this WMF came from?

I know that we had a problem recently at my office trying to insert an index
colored TIF from PhotoShop 6.0 into PPT 2000. It inserted fine into PPT
2003, though, so I suspect it's something to do with the graphics filters in
PPT 2000.

At any rate, what I'm wondering in your case is if the WMF was created in a
nonstandard way. (Perhaps someone had a TIF file and simply renamed it with
a WMF extension or something bizarre like that.) Does the WMF open in an
image editing program? If you don't have one, the free
http://www.irfanview.com/ is a good one.

Also, can you insert the WMF via Insert/Picture/From File instead of through
Insert/Picture/Clip Art? That will also help us determine if it's an issue
with PPT or with the Clip Organizer.

John Langhans [MSFT]

[CRITICAL UPDATE - Anyone using Office 2003 should install the critical
update as soon as possible. From PowerPoint, choose "Help -> Check for
Updates".]

Hello,

If you have a sample *.wmf (unmodified) which exhibits this problem, I
would be glad to have testing look at it to determine whether or not it's a
known issue or something new.

Just send it to me at the following address (after unscrambling) with the
word NEWSGROUP at the beginning of the e-mail title/subject line:

john_a_langhans
AT
hotmail
DOT
com

John Langhans
Microsoft Corporation
Supportability Program Manager
Microsoft Office PowerPoint for Windows
Microsoft Office Picture Manager for Windows

For FAQ's, highlights and top issues, visit the Microsoft PowerPoint
support center at: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?pr=ppt
Search the Microsoft Knowledge Base at:
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?pr=kbhowto

Use of any included script samples are subject to the terms specified at