Clients Do Not Show Up on License Server

G

I have a W2K Terminal Services Application Server running on a W2K AD domain.
I have activated a Terminal Services License server on one of my domain controllers.
Clients running internally on the network, are showing up on the license server (under existing W2K licenses).
However, my mobile units that VPN into this server are not showing up on the license server...but they are able to logon to the Terminal Server. I've tried host files, dns entries, etc. The mobile units are also running W2K but are not members of the domain. From what I read in this newsgroup, once a license server is activated, the 90 day grace period is forfeited.
Should I be concerned that I'm not seeing my mobile clients or do I need to fear that after 90 days they will no longer be able to connect?

G

To the newsgroup moderator: When I posted this message...I chose use anonymous email...so why is my email address out there? Please remove my email address from my original post. If you can't, delete my question and I'll be happy to repost it.

G

FYI - After calling Microsoft Support, we were able to resolve this issue by deleting the HKLM\Software\Microsoft\MSLicensing key on each client. The next time our clients TS'd in, they showed up on the license server.

Ask a Question