    sadly!

    thanks,

    TJ.

    Tim, Dec 7, 2004

  2. "Tim" <> wrote in message
    news:%...
    > Can anyone tell me how to uninstall Client Service for Netware as it is
    > preventing me using the more colourful! log in screen which I quite like
    > sadly!
    >
    > thanks,
    >
    > TJ.

    1.. Open Network Connections (Start > Control Panel > Network Connections)
    2.. Highlight the Local Area Connection entry where the Novell Client for
    NT/2000 is being used.
    3.. Click Properties to bring up the properties dialog for that
    connection.
    4.. Highlight the Novell Client for Windows entry in the connection
    properties.
    5.. Press the Uninstall button. Windows will confirm that you want to
    remove the Novell Client for Windows from all connections and not just the
    current connection.
    6.. Answer Yes to this prompt and the Novell Client for Windows and
    dependent Windows network services will be removed.

    This may result in you being unable to log in, if you actually use a
    Novell-based network... so be careful and, if applicable, contact your IT
    department/network admin if you aren't sure.

    Colin Nash [MVP], Dec 15, 2004

  3. Tim

    Mike56

    Joined:
    Jun 28, 2005
    Messages:
    5
    Likes Received:
    0
    Welcome Screen Fix

    Mike56, Jul 1, 2005
  4. Tim

    fbrooker29

    Joined:
    Mar 6, 2008
    Messages:
    1
    Likes Received:
    0
    Im Stuck!!

    Im trying to uninstall client service for netware, so i can too get the better looking start up screen, but i followed the steps and i dont appear to have a client for windows connection in my network bit, i had one similar so i uninstalled that but the problem still hasnt been resolved! Any solutions?? xx

    fbrooker29, Mar 6, 2008
  5. Tim

    serviceme

    Joined:
    May 22, 2008
    Messages:
    2
    Likes Received:
    0
    This was posted a while ago, so it's probably resolved, but just in case:

    If your "Netware client service" is not showing up in your Local Area Connection (or whichever network connection you use), it is being hidden by a service with a similar name. To access the list of services on your pc, go to Start > Run, and type

    services.msc

    This will open up the list of all the services on your pc. Go through the list untill you find the service relating to Netware client, i'm 99% sure it has the same name.
    Once you've found it, right click on it and select "stop". Once it's stopped, right click and open it's properties, and change it's status from Automatic to Disabled.

    Reboot your PC.

    When you access your Local Area Connection properties now, you should be able to see the "Netware Client Service". Click on this and then click 'Uninstall'.

    Reboot PC.

    You should now be able to get into the user account control from Control Panel, and change the way users log on/off. :)

    serviceme, May 22, 2008
  6. Tim

    Daniel7

    Joined:
    Feb 9, 2009
    Messages:
    1
    Likes Received:
    0
    problemo

    I have this same problem, but after i had done all these steps, described as here abeove, nothing happens, but one thing about the last thread wich one step saod:
    "Once you've found it, right click on it and select "stop".
    i tried to do this but only hting i could do was "start", but if i tried to do that there came an error:2,system can not locate the path specified.....waht should i do? i want the better welcome screen!

    Daniel7, Feb 9, 2009
  7. Tim

    serviceme

    Joined:
    May 22, 2008
    Messages:
    2
    Likes Received:
    0
    From the sounds of the error you're getting it's not the same problem... Netware isn't simply installed and hiding it, there's an actual problem with it.

    If you open the properties on your Local Area Connection and hit the 'Install' button, then choose 'client'. See if you can manually install the client services for netware again. If you can, reboot the PC after then follow the steps above again.

    Let us know how you go.

    serviceme, Feb 9, 2009
  8. Tim

    deadly_snail

    Joined:
    Jul 26, 2009
    Messages:
    1
    Likes Received:
    0
    deadly_snail, Jul 26, 2009
  9. Tim

    PhoenixFire17

    Joined:
    Mar 3, 2011
    Messages:
    1
    Likes Received:
    0
    It works man.. COOL.. :D :D :D

    PhoenixFire17, Mar 3, 2011
  10. Tim

    Priya_26

    Joined:
    Jul 2, 2012
    Messages:
    1
    Likes Received:
    0
    Hi tat works well when i uninstall the client service for netware but my internet page is not loading ...pls giv a solution...

    Priya_26, Jul 2, 2012