    data, so it's not that big of an issue, but I'd like to hide it if possible.

    If anyone knows a way to hide/remove it, please pass the info along.
    Thanks!!

    Tammy, May 20, 2010

  2. Tammy

    Jeff Boyce Guest

    Tammy

    If I recall correctly, that only shows when you/your users are working
    directly in the tables.

    In Access, tables store data, while Forms display data. I'd stick with the
    forms...

    Regards

    Jeff Boyce
    Microsoft Access MVP

    guarantee as to suitability.

    possible/necessary.

    Jeff Boyce, May 20, 2010

  3. Tammy

    Tammy Guest

    Hi Jeff,

    Sorry - didn't get notified of your response.

    Yes, it does only show in the tables, and we would only use a form for
    displaying and entering data. I was just wondering if you could hide that
    column in 2010, as in 2007. No biggie, we'll just ignore it now.

    Thanks!

    Tammy, Jun 3, 2010
  4. Tammy

    Disappointed

    Joined:
    Apr 26, 2012
    Messages:
    1
    Likes Received:
    0
    Very disappointed by Jeff Boyce's answer. It's up to the user how they use an app.

    Tammy, don't feel as though you should apologise to such an arrogant fool.

    File - Options - Current Database and uncheck Enable design changes in Datasheet view. Close and re-open the db and it's gone.

    Nick
    Not an MVP

    Disappointed, Apr 26, 2012
  5. Tammy

    jimtim

    Joined:
    May 18, 2012
    Messages:
    1
    Likes Received:
    0
    Nick,
    Thank you for your response to Tammy! This is my first post here, it came up top in Google when I was looking for an answer to this annoying quirk.

    I saw Jeff's response and thought 'how preachy and arrogant', and he didn't even answer the question.
    Thanks for covering it,
    --Jim

    jimtim, May 18, 2012
  6. Tammy

    maxamillion

    Joined:
    Jun 18, 2013
    Messages:
    1
    Likes Received:
    0
    Nick
    Thank you for answering Tammy's question

    Like Jim, I find this quirk annoying and someone has taken the time to answer the question.

    Another method is
    run this code
    CurrentDb.Properties("AllowDatasheetSchema") = False
    You will still need close and open though.

    Last edited: Jun 18, 2013
    maxamillion, Jun 18, 2013
  7. Tammy

    dallin

    Joined:
    Sep 10, 2014
    Messages:
    2
    Likes Received:
    0
    (old post I know, but relevant)

    Thank you Nick. Not only for standing up and saying something but also for answering my own question - I was trying to turn it off and didn't realise I needed to reboot the database.

    dallin, Sep 10, 2014
  8. Tammy

    philhaney

    Joined:
    Dec 15, 2014
    Messages:
    1
    Likes Received:
    0
    Hi Tammy,

    I recently made the jump from Access 2003 to Access 2013. However, most of the time when I search the internet for help on 2013, I get help for 2010, so this may apply to you. If it doesn't, please forgive me.

    To hide that pesky column [in Access 2013], right click on the heading of any column in Datasheet View and select "Unhide Fields" (this is not intuitive). Then uncheck the box next to "Click to Add." Click "Close" and you're done...

    -Phil

    "Quini, quidi, quici" - I came, I saw, I played a little quidditch.

    philhaney, Dec 15, 2014