    specifically drive e: can anyone help me please

    --
    Live long and prosper

    Squibbly, Apr 10, 2006

  2. Squibbly

    Wesley Vogel Guest

    Try this command for Disk Cleanup...

    cleanmgr /d d: /sagerun:11

    Paste the following line into the Start | Run box and click OK...

    cleanmgr /d d: /sagerun:11

    to make sure that it works for you before trying to schedule it.

    This assumes that you have already setup sagerun:11

    How to Automate the Disk Cleanup Tool in Windows XP
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;315246

    How to Automate Disk Defragmenter Using Task Scheduler Tool in Windows XP
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;555098

    There are two defrag tools in XP.

    dfrg.msc is the pretty one that opens from
    Start\All Programs\Accessories\System Tools.

    defrag.exe is the command line tool that runs from the command prompt.

    defrag.exe is the one that you can schedule.

    Description of the New Command Line Defrag.exe Included with Windows XP
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;283080

    How To Schedule Tasks in Windows XP
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;308569

    How to Defragment Your Disk Drive Volumes in Windows XP
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;314848

    You can also download defrag_all2.vbs.

    defrag_all2.vbs - Defrag All Hard Drives - Can be run as a scheduled task
    Does not create an error log
    © Doug Knox - rev 03/29/2002
    http://www.dougknox.com/utility/scripts_desc/defrag_all.htm

    --
    Hope this helps. Let us know.

    Wes
    MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

    In news:,
    Squibbly <> hunted and pecked:

    Wesley Vogel, Apr 11, 2006

  3. Squibbly

    Squibbly Guest

    "Wesley Vogel" <> wrote in message
    > Try this command for Disk Cleanup...
    >
    > cleanmgr /d d: /sagerun:11
    >
    > Paste the following line into the Start | Run box and click OK...
    >
    > cleanmgr /d d: /sagerun:11
    >
    > to make sure that it works for you before trying to schedule it.
    >
    > This assumes that you have already setup sagerun:11
    >
    > How to Automate the Disk Cleanup Tool in Windows XP
    > http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;315246
    >

    > How to Automate Disk Defragmenter Using Task Scheduler Tool in Windows XP
    > http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;555098
    >
    > There are two defrag tools in XP.
    >
    > dfrg.msc is the pretty one that opens from
    > Start\All Programs\Accessories\System Tools.
    >
    > defrag.exe is the command line tool that runs from the command prompt.
    >
    > defrag.exe is the one that you can schedule.
    >
    > Description of the New Command Line Defrag.exe Included with Windows XP
    > http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;283080
    >
    > How To Schedule Tasks in Windows XP
    > http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;308569
    >
    > How to Defragment Your Disk Drive Volumes in Windows XP
    > http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;314848
    >
    > You can also download defrag_all2.vbs.
    >
    > defrag_all2.vbs - Defrag All Hard Drives - Can be run as a scheduled task
    > Does not create an error log
    > © Doug Knox - rev 03/29/2002
    > http://www.dougknox.com/utility/scripts_desc/defrag_all.htm
    >

    > --
    > Hope this helps. Let us know.
    >
    > Wes
    > MS-MVP Windows Shell/User
    >
    > In news:,
    > Squibbly <> hunted and pecked:
    >> i am trying to run a schedule task that when i am asleep, that would run
    >> scheduled task of defrag on drive D:\ and a scheduled task of disk clean
    >> up on disk e:
    >> i have tried the switch cleanmgr /setrun:11 all that seems to do is run
    >> through the complete hard drives that i have on my computer and not
    >> specifically drive e: can anyone help me please
    >>
    >> --
    >> Live long and prosper

    cheers

    Squibbly, Apr 11, 2006