Program: X-Fonter (v 4.6)
Author: BlackSun Software
W: LFW
Ware: (Liteware) (free for personal use) v 4.6
http://www.clubic.com/telecharger-fiche10560-x-fonter.html

ISTM that printouts of the JPGs would make nice tags on gifts. Has
anyone got other suggestions for using Freeware apps to create special
"stuff" for the holidays?

Susan
--
Posted to alt.comp.freeware

John Corliss

Susan said:
I showed the youngest grandchild how to use X-Fonter yesterday. IOW - I
installed the app, pointed her at it, gave her about a minute of
instructions and she took it from there - made and saved lots of logos
with her name, her siblings names etc. She had a great time
investigating all the special text effects, shadows, color gradients
etc. etc.

Program: X-Fonter (v 4.6)
Author: BlackSun Software
W: LFW
Ware: (Liteware) (free for personal use) v 4.6
http://www.clubic.com/telecharger-fiche10560-x-fonter.html

ISTM that printouts of the JPGs would make nice tags on gifts. Has
anyone got other suggestions for using Freeware apps to create special
"stuff" for the holidays?

Yep, but as I'm sure you've noticed, the current version:

http://www.blacksunsoftware.com/xfonter.html

has now gone shareware.

<80(>

As for ideas, how about using ASCII Generator:

http://ascgen.jmsoftware.co.uk/index.html

to create portraits?

The new version requires dotnet, but the old non-dotnet one is still
available for download.

--
Regards from John Corliss
My current killfile: aafuss, Chrissy Cruiser, Slowhand Hussein, BEN

Susan Bugher

John said:
Susan Bugher wrote:

Yep, but as I'm sure you've noticed, the current version:
http://www.blacksunsoftware.com/xfonter.html
has now gone shareware.
<80(>

Yup. I posted the last freeware version.
As for ideas, how about using ASCII Generator:
http://ascgen.jmsoftware.co.uk/index.html
to create portraits?

The new version requires dotnet, but the old non-dotnet one is still
available for download.

Nice idea John - perhaps use the portraits on gift calendars for the
family?

Other "stocking stuffers" that can be created on the computer - fancy
bookmarks, a bunch of "business" cards (for kids, for someone with a
hobby, humorous ones), coloring books. . . and????

Susan
--
Posted to alt.comp.freeware

John Corliss

Susan said:
Yup. I posted the last freeware version.

Nice idea John - perhaps use the portraits on gift calendars for the
family?

Other "stocking stuffers" that can be created on the computer - fancy
bookmarks, a bunch of "business" cards (for kids, for someone with a
hobby, humorous ones), coloring books. . . and????

Susan

Paper airplane or model instructions? As for the ASCII thing, I was
thinking more in terms of making a multi-page printout poster.

--
Regards from John Corliss
My current killfile: aafuss, Chrissy Cruiser, Slowhand Hussein, BEN
RITCHEY and others.
Generally speaking, if I don't respond to somebody who is acting
immaturely, it's because I've killfiled them.

No adware, cdware, commercial software, crippleware, demoware, nagware,
PROmotionware, shareware, spyware, time-limited software, trialware,
viruses or warez please.

Susan Bugher

Paper airplane or model instructions? As for the ASCII thing, I was
thinking more in terms of making a multi-page printout poster.

Jigsaw puzzles? Personalized stationary? Personalized stickers: "from
the kitchen of XXX". . .

Susan
--
Posted to alt.comp.freeware

John Corliss

Susan said:
Jigsaw puzzles? Personalized stationary? Personalized stickers: "from
the kitchen of XXX". . .

T-shirt applications? Framed portraits? CDs or DVDs with movies (public
domain or home)? For years now, I've often made my own birthday and
Christmas cards. People always like them better than store-bought
because they're personalized. I've also made my own gift tags.