Check Names...she wants to check the first name, too!

Reaction score
A coworker of mine is having a sort of funny problem with her Outlook:

Every time she wants to email her husband, she types "john" in the "To:" field, expecting the Check Names to find all the people named John, or even to automatically email him.

Due to carelessness, she has accidentally been emailing a woman with the last name Johnston, asking when they are meeting for lunch, etc. Thankfully, this woman, who lives hundreds of miles away, has a good sense of humor and bounces the emails back to her to let her know they went to the wrong person.

In examining the situation more closely, she realized that the Check Names feature was only looking for people whose last name started with "john", and not checking for people with that first name.

So then she tells the IT...me. I've been researching for several weeks, and have found no answer yet. Anyone know how to fix a problem where Outlook 2003 only checks last names?

Ask a Question