Chart graph from worksheet but need to exceed 256 columns

sammymcd

I have a couple of worksheets and when I input information in one worksheet,
it feeds into another one and then adds to a graph. This is done on a daily
basis. The problem is however that I have run out of columns (max limit is
256). Upgrading to Excel 2007 is not an option for now. I need to either a)
start a new row of data but make it amend to the graph (which I can't seem to
get working) or b) convert the columns to rows so that I can have over 60,000
of them but when I use the paste special function, it doesn't do it right. It
leaves out the formula and I have tried many variations of this. Is there
anyone out there who can help me? Or who knows what the hell I'm talking
about!!!

Jim Cone

Maybe the "Transpose" function?

Note: from "Specifications" in Excel help...
Data points in a data series for 2-D charts 32,000
Data points in a data series for 3-D charts 4,000
--
Jim Cone
San Francisco, USA

"sammymcd"
wrote in message
I have a couple of worksheets and when I input information in one worksheet,
it feeds into another one and then adds to a graph. This is done on a daily
basis. The problem is however that I have run out of columns (max limit is
256). Upgrading to Excel 2007 is not an option for now. I need to either a)
start a new row of data but make it amend to the graph (which I can't seem to
get working) or b) convert the columns to rows so that I can have over 60,000
of them but when I use the paste special function, it doesn't do it right. It
leaves out the formula and I have tried many variations of this. Is there
anyone out there who can help me? Or who knows what the hell I'm talking
about!!!

Jon Peltier

I suspect you'll have to rework your formulas to enable the transposition.
Better sooner than later. Paste special usually doesn't get formulas right
when you transpose.

- Jon