Changing Uppercase to Lowercase

I have been supplied a huge Excel file, but all the text has been entered as
CAPS. Is there anyway in Excel that you can change this to Upper and
Lowercase or just lowercase would do.

I am using Excel 2000 on an XP PC.

Any help would be gratefully received.

Jim Cone

You have to use helper columns and the built-in functions
Proper or Lower to do that or...

The free Excel add-in "Excel Extras" will do that.
It has upper, lower, proper and sentence case options
added to the format menu. Does other stuff too.
Download from... http://www.realezsites.com/bus/primitivesoftware
--
Jim Cone
San Francisco, USA

"SLEDGE"
<[email protected]>
wrote in message
I have been supplied a huge Excel file, but all the text has been entered as
CAPS. Is there anyway in Excel that you can change this to Upper and
Lowercase or just lowercase would do.
I am using Excel 2000 on an XP PC.
Any help would be gratefully received.

Jim

It works fine thanks. It is kind people like you that take time out to help
people like me, that makes it all worth while.

Thank you very much

Is this trevor?