Miss Noname

I wasn't thinking when i was setting up and i set up my
computer in metric units...now everything is in
millimetres and centimetres. How can i get everything
back to inches (imperial)?
Please and thank you!

D

David Candy

Regional settings in control panel. But noone anywhere uses imperial anymore. US is NOT imperial cause a president made gallons smaller so petrol prices would not rise and their airforce decided tons were too heavy and made them smaller too. Plus the yanks don't know what stones are only pounds and two types of tons and a small gallon. As a matter of fact they found imperial too hard (and they don't know what imperial means either) and simplified it. They found metric too hard too (officially they are metric). They also found spelling in english too hard. In fact they are quite a stupid people.

K

Kangaroo

ROFL

Yeah, but at least they had the sense to keep the 1-cent coin instead of
setting up a whole new bureaucracy to specify how to round amounts, how much
to pay if you're using cash, cheque, or credit card.

D

David Candy

Wallabies were never noted for their mathamatical ability. I heard you mob been killing dogs in canberra (hint dogs eat meat from cans - kangeroos don't eat meat at all - the dogs don't want your leaves) over the drought.

But I do wonder if we are the only country that you can't actually pay the exact price for an item (Australia smalllest coin is 5c but nearly everything is $n.99 which means one has to pay $1 - but it's rounded on the whole transaction amount not a per item basis - but cheques can be for 99c). But still prior to 66 stuff like furniture was sole in guineas (1 pound 1 shilling ($2.10)).

Ask a Question