Changing the Forms & Reports Default Font in Access 2007

Discussion in 'Microsoft Access' started by Stuart Bratesman, Aug 12, 2008.

  1. I would like to know if there is a way to change the default font for objects
    in Access 2007 forms and reports. I know how to change the default font for
    an individual form or report. However, if I change the default fonts for one
    form, and then save and close it, then when I create my next new form, the
    default font for the objects in the new form reverts to Calibri.

    I'd really like to be able to change the default so that when I create a new
    database application, the default font for all new forms and reports will
    have been automatically pre-set to Arial or whatever other font I had
    previously chosen.

    I have searched for such a setting through all the Access 2007 Options
    windows, I've searched my Windows XP registry for every instance of
    "Calibri", and I've searched the contents of the various "Application Data"
    and "Local Settings" folders within the "C:\Documents and Settings" folder,
    but come up empty handed.

    --
    Stuart Bratesman, Jr., MPP
    Muskie School of Public Service

    Stuart Bratesman, Aug 12, 2008

  2. Stuart Bratesman

    Bill Mosca Guest

    What most of us old timers do is create a blank form and report, set up all
    the defaults on them and then import them into all new databases.

    One more step to take is to set your templates under Office Button>Access
    Options>Object Designers to those 2 "default objects" instead of the
    built-in ones you should get what you want.

    But if you do not import the default form and report into a database it will
    automatically use the built-in templates.

    --
    Bill Mosca, MS Access MVP
    http://www.thatlldoit.com

    "Stuart Bratesman" <> wrote in
    message news:...

    Bill Mosca, Aug 12, 2008

  3. Brilliant! That would absolutely solve the problem.

    Stuart Bratesman, Aug 12, 2008
  4. Stuart Bratesman

    Bill Mosca Guest

    Stuart

    Glad it helped.

    Since most of my databases have their own color scheme, I just put the
    values as constants in a module so I can refer to them if need be. I also
    wrote some code that will change the defaults for a form.

    If you are interested in a copy of it, contact me through my web site (link
    in my signature).

    Bill Mosca, Aug 13, 2008