Changing the default save directory in Image Composer

G

I am trying to change the default directory for saving a file in Image Composer 1.5. Right now it defaults to the desktop but I want it to save to a folder down in mydocuments\pictures. I have searched all options and the registry and I cannot find a setting to change it. There must be a way to change this as its getting very annoying to do 30 mouse clicks for each file save.

Tech support in India just wasted 15 minutes of my time in the end telling me I would have to spend $35 to find the answer. What a joke! How hard is it to tell me upfront that front page 2000 isn't supported for free. Ugh ... anyway I am hoping someone here knows the answer.

T

Thomas A. Rowe

There is no option to set this in IC. Create shortcut on your desktop for the folder you want to
save to. Also if you are creating images to be used in your web, you should not save them directly
into your web, you need to import them after you have save them to your desktop or folder shortcut.
--
==============================================
Thomas A. Rowe (Microsoft MVP - FrontPage)
WEBMASTER Resources(tm)

FrontPage Resources, WebCircle, MS KB Quick Links, etc.

Bob said:
I am trying to change the default directory for saving a file in Image Composer 1.5. Right now it
defaults to the desktop but I want it to save to a folder down in mydocuments\pictures. I have
searched all options and the registry and I cannot find a setting to change it. There must be a way
to change this as its getting very annoying to do 30 mouse clicks for each file save.
Tech support in India just wasted 15 minutes of my time in the end telling me I would have to
spend $35 to find the answer. What a joke! How hard is it to tell me upfront that front page 2000
isn't supported for free. Ugh ... anyway I am hoping someone here knows the answer.

C

Crash Gordon

Anyone ever notice that Image Composer is a memory hog? Sometimes I think it's worse than Photoshop.

| There is no option to set this in IC. Create shortcut on your desktop for the folder you want to
| save to. Also if you are creating images to be used in your web, you should not save them directly
| into your web, you need to import them after you have save them to your desktop or folder shortcut.
| --
| ==============================================
| Thomas A. Rowe (Microsoft MVP - FrontPage)
| WEBMASTER Resources(tm)
|
| FrontPage Resources, WebCircle, MS KB Quick Links, etc.
| To assist you in getting the best answers for FrontPage support see:
| http://www.net-sites.com/sitebuilder/newsgroups.asp
|
| | > I am trying to change the default directory for saving a file in Image Composer 1.5. Right now it
| defaults to the desktop but I want it to save to a folder down in mydocuments\pictures. I have
| searched all options and the registry and I cannot find a setting to change it. There must be a way
| to change this as its getting very annoying to do 30 mouse clicks for each file save.
| >
| > Tech support in India just wasted 15 minutes of my time in the end telling me I would have to
| spend $35 to find the answer. What a joke! How hard is it to tell me upfront that front page 2000
| isn't supported for free. Ugh ... anyway I am hoping someone here knows the answer.
|
|

T

Tom Pepper Willett

I've been using IC for years, and don't find it to be a memory hog.
--
-----
Tom Pepper Willett
Microsoft MVP - FrontPage
http://www.microsoft.com/office/frontpage/prodinfo/default.mspx
http://msdn.microsoft.com/office/understanding/frontpage/
----
Anyone ever notice that Image Composer is a memory hog? Sometimes I think
it's worse than Photoshop.

| There is no option to set this in IC. Create shortcut on your desktop for
the folder you want to
| save to. Also if you are creating images to be used in your web, you
should not save them directly
| into your web, you need to import them after you have save them to your
desktop or folder shortcut.
| --
|
|
| | > I am trying to change the default directory for saving a file in Image
Composer 1.5. Right now it
| defaults to the desktop but I want it to save to a folder down in
mydocuments\pictures. I have
| searched all options and the registry and I cannot find a setting to
change it. There must be a way
| to change this as its getting very annoying to do 30 mouse clicks for each
file save.
| >
| > Tech support in India just wasted 15 minutes of my time in the end
telling me I would have to
| spend $35 to find the answer. What a joke! How hard is it to tell me
upfront that front page 2000
| isn't supported for free. Ugh ... anyway I am hoping someone here knows
the answer.
|
|

G

Yes its a memory hog. If you open a picture larger than 1 MB and try to resize it you often will get an error message "Not enough memory to allow undo on this operation. Continue without undo?"

Thanks to Thomas Rowe for the solution on the save location. It works but too bad there isn't a setting that can be changed.

T

Thomas A. Rowe

For the memory issue, increase the size of your virtual memory.

I have never had problem with IC and memory have worked with a 50 MB file back in the days of FP98
on a Cyrix P200 processor. I find that PhotoShop is really a memory hog.

--
WEBMASTER Resources(tm)

Bob said:
Yes its a memory hog. If you open a picture larger than 1 MB and try to resize it you often will
get an error message "Not enough memory to allow undo on this operation. Continue without undo?"
Thanks to Thomas Rowe for the solution on the save location. It works but too bad there isn't a
setting that can be changed.

C

Crash Gordon

I let Windows manage my virtual memory, I let Bud Light manage my RAM.

Seriously though,...IC will give me a memory error before PS will, that will tell ya how bad it is for me. I don't use IC because of this. Machine has 512 of mem. but come to think of it PS hasn't crashed at all since I replaced my video card, while IC still cwashes wepetedly - well it doesn't really crash it just give me the error about memory and refused to open.

R.

| For the memory issue, increase the size of your virtual memory.
|
| I have never had problem with IC and memory have worked with a 50 MB file back in the days of FP98
| on a Cyrix P200 processor. I find that PhotoShop is really a memory hog.
|
| --
|
|
| | > Yes its a memory hog. If you open a picture larger than 1 MB and try to resize it you often will
| get an error message "Not enough memory to allow undo on this operation. Continue without undo?"
| >
| > Thanks to Thomas Rowe for the solution on the save location. It works but too bad there isn't a
| setting that can be changed.
|
|

T

Thomas A. Rowe

I have never had any problems with IC hanging, just slow with large files, unless I increase the
virtual memory to a fixed amount.

--
WEBMASTER Resources(tm)

I let Windows manage my virtual memory, I let Bud Light manage my RAM.

Seriously though,...IC will give me a memory error before PS will, that will tell ya how bad it is
for me. I don't use IC because of this. Machine has 512 of mem. but come to think of it PS hasn't
crashed at all since I replaced my video card, while IC still cwashes wepetedly - well it doesn't
really crash it just give me the error about memory and refused to open.

R.

| For the memory issue, increase the size of your virtual memory.
|
| I have never had problem with IC and memory have worked with a 50 MB file back in the days of FP98
| on a Cyrix P200 processor. I find that PhotoShop is really a memory hog.
|
| --
|
|
| | > Yes its a memory hog. If you open a picture larger than 1 MB and try to resize it you often will
| get an error message "Not enough memory to allow undo on this operation. Continue without undo?"
| >
| > Thanks to Thomas Rowe for the solution on the save location. It works but too bad there isn't a
| setting that can be changed.
|
|

Ask a Question